MLB The Show 17 is one of the big exclusives for PlayStation. Not only is it a great game mechanically and visually, but it also offers fans the hands-down best Baseball simulation experience ever.
The PlayStation Blog wants everyone to feel welcomed to the game, even if their brand new to the series. Today the blog put out 12 steps for beginners to take to get started in MLB The Show 17.
Check them out down below:
Step 1: Get MLB The Show 17. Can’t play if you don’t have the game, right?
Step 2: Kiss Griffey for good luck.
Step 3: Do 17 jumping jacks.
Step 4: Load up MLB The Show 17 on your PS4.
Step 5: Warm up with a few games in Retro Mode, kickin’ it Ken Griffey Jr. style. Mash that X button and hit homers all day.
Step 6: Boot up Road to the Show and start building your character. Will he get a gnarly beard or a good ol’ fashioned stache?
Step 7: Use training points to make him harder, better, faster and stronger.
Step 8: Roll out of the minors when your agent calls you with an offer to head to The Show. But be careful: the path to the majors may not always go the way you want, and is greatly determined by your choices.
Step 9: Want to play only the best bits? Jump into Franchise Mode and cut directly to those nail-biting, game-deciding moments with Critical Situations. Or use Player Lock to hop on the field and follow one specific player throughout the game.
Step 10: Build your Dynasty. Step up to the plate and compete against your friends in Battle Royale with short three-inning games to settle your grudges.
Step 11: Conquer the U.S. and take over rival territories in Conquest Mode. Dominate in quick three-inning games to energize your fans and take the world by storm!
Step 12: Do a victory dance. Repeat.
Last week, Ramone Russell – Community manager and Game designer, showed fans of the series some of those needed improvements from previous titles. Russell states there are all new hair styles, over one million ball physics, and a whole new career mode which feels very RPG-y.
Road to the Show, one of the main modes for the game, lets you take your created player all the way from the bottom to the top of the baseball ranks. For the first time, the mode will include interactions between your player and your coach, manager, agent, staff and more.
Here are all the details for this year’s Road to the Show mode:
• Create a player from scratch. How tall is he? Freckles? Don’t forget the facial hair! We have 22 new facial hair styles, 35 new hair styles, 49 new head shape archetypes, plus a larger palette of color this year to give your guy extra style.
• Prove yourself in the Minor Leagues and earn training points along the way. Use the training points to make yourself stronger, faster, and more capable. New interactions can kick off 2x Training Point Earning periods that help you get stronger, better, faster. Want to be a bomb hitting fireball pitcher? No problem.
• Unlock and activate Perks, which can help with hitting more home runs, putting the ball in play, and more opportunities to steal a base.
• Earn and equip various stat boosting equipment, and rituals to also help you perform better each game.
• Leverage your abilities to rise through the ranks in pursuit of the dream of playing Major League Baseball. Get a sports agent to represent you and put him to work to help pave your path.
• If you have what it takes to make the big leagues, you’re one of a select few, but you’re not done yet. Turn your sites on the record books. Build yourself into a true legend, one epic moment to the next, to be exalted in the halls of Cooperstown.
MLB The Show 17 releases on March 28 exclusively for the PS4.