DLC 3 ‘Descent’ is just around the corner. If you’re eager for a trip down memory lane, or just wants to hit those Prestige multiplayer levels in Black Ops 3, we’re here to bring you a blazing strategy for an endless stream of easy XP.
For this method, we’re travelling back to Der Eisendrache. The Third Reich castle is home to plenty of mystical weaponry, soul-eating dragons, and the customary complex Easter egg. This can be done solo, and won’t require too many steps into the castle-spanning secret — all you need is the Storm Bow and the Quick Revive. Nothing else required.
Solo High Round / High XP Strategy
Earn tons of XP on Der Eisendrache — it’s easy to go from the single-digits levels to 20+ in a single session of Zombies with this (still applicable) solo method. Here’s the basics:
- Open the door to the Lower Courtyard
- The Lower Courtyard is where you’ll find the Quick Revive Power-Up
- Acquire the Storm Bow — Find More Details Below
- Camp near the Quick Revive with the Storm Bow
- Purchase Quick Revive, buy new after you’re downed
- Earn an insane amount of XP and stay alive until round 50+
- For an added bonus, purchase the Catwalk Barriers
That’s all it takes. The tricky part is gaining the all-powerful Storm Bow and using it to aid in your endless zombie massacre. Let’s go over the details of those super-weapon with the extended secret weapon guide.
How to Get the Storm Bow
The ‘Storm Bow’ is just another name for the upgraded ‘Wrath of the Ancients’ secret weapon. This special box can be upgraded with a number of bonus powers. Here we’ll explain how to get ‘Wrath of the Ancients’ and how to upgrade the bow into the crazy-strong Storm Bow.
Step #1: Getting the ‘Wrath of the Ancients’
To earn the bow, you’ll need to feed ‘souls’ to three mounted dragon heads located across the Der Eisendrache map. The mounted stone statues will spring to life after killing a zombie near their location — next, lead the zombies near the awakened dragon head.
The dragon will feed on one zombie at a time. The dragon will disintegrate once you’ve fed it enough zombies.
- Mission Control – Find the head mounted over the huge fire place.
- Lower Courtyard – Left of the stairs in a lower corner of the area.
- Undercroft – Mounted to a wall near the central pillars.
Once you have fed all three dragons, return to the connecting path between Undercroft to Mission Control. You’ll find a special alter which now contains the Wrath of the Ancients secret weapon.
Step #2: Starting the Storm Bow Quest
Travel to the Bastion and explore the upper walls near the Wunderfizz Machine and the Death Ray. Look on the pointed tower for a weather vane (the metal object with the N/S/E/W pointers) — shoot this weather vane.
If you shoot the right vane, brick will break off the tower and an item will tumble out. Look at this item and hold down the reload / interaction button — [Square / X] — to lock into the Storm Bow quest line. A symbol will appear on your HUD, indicating how far you’ve progressed into the quest.
Step #3: Lighting the Beacons
Next, you’ll need to shoot three beacons (stacks of fire wood) located outside the map. Use the Wrath of the Ancients bow to shoot the wood, and it’ll light on fire. There are three beacons to shoot. Find them in these three locations:
- Scan the walls stretching out across the mountainside from the viewpoint near the Mule Kick Perk-A-Cola. It’s located on the large circular tower between the long walls.
- Reach the roof of the Upper Courtyard next to the Wunderfizz Machine and look down toward the cliffs. There is a bunker on the ledge looking down toward the massive rocket facility below. The beacon is located on top of this pillbox bunker.
- Down on the Rocket Platform, explore the right path and look above at the rocks behind the Wundersphere. There’s a concrete platform with the final beacon.
Light all three beacons to continue on into the next step of the Storm Bow quest.
Step #4: Activating Anti-Gravity
Return to the Undercroft and you’ll need to unlock an anti-gravity effect in this underground area. There are four large tiles around the central Undercroft pyramid. Stand on each tile until it begins to glow blue. You might have to run far to stay away from charging zombies while you stand still.
Once all four tiles are glowing, look on the walls around the Undercroft — there are now glowing neon symbols marked on the walls. You’ll need to wall-run across all four glowing symbols without touching the ground. Touching the ground will reset the symbols, and you’ll have to try again.
When you run across all four symbols without touching the ground, the next step of this Wonderweapon quest will unlock.
Step #5: Charging the Soul Pots
New electrified pots will appear in the Barracks/Bell Tower, the Lower Courtyard/Wundersphere, and the Rocket Platform/Teleporter areas of Der Eisendrache. Kill zombies near these pots and they’ll charge with sparks and lightning energy.
Noticed something? These pots are all near the beacon locations from Step #3. Here’s what you need to do with these strange Soul Pots.
- Kill zombies near the pots until they are fully charged. Souls of dead zombies will stop transferring into the pots when fully charged.
- Once a pot is charged, equip the Wrath of the Ancients Bow and aim it at the sparking pot. Charge the bow while looking at the pot until your arrow begins to spark with lightning energy.
- Shoot the beacon in each area. There are three pots, each in a location near one of the three beacons — shoot all three beacons with charged storm arrows.
Once all three beacons are shot a second time with charged arrows, the final step will be open to you.
Step #6: Reforging the Wrath of the Ancients
Return to the Weather Vane in the Bastion. It should now be smoked, with sparks and electricity pouring from the fixture. Standing nearby, a new interact-able arrow will appear. Wait for it to fully form, then use the [Reload / Interaction] button again to grab the new arrow.
Go back to the Undercroft and find open boxes mounted near the four central pillars surrounding the pyramid structure. Interact with the crate that matches the Storm arrow — just try each box until one closes.
Once the arrow is in place, you’ll need to kill zombies near the crate to charge it. Just like the pots — the souls will stop transferring into the box once it is fully charged.
Take the Wrath of the Ancients from the forge and you’ll receive a new, upgraded bow. This is the best weapon for farming XP and staying alive forever — it’s one of the easiest Wunderweapons in all of Zombies. All that effort is worth it.