In a surprise E3 2016 reveal, Trials of the Blood Dragon dropped the same day it was announced, leaving us crazed Trials-fans to scramble for answers behind the series’ customary mysteries.
Every Trials game, and DLC add-on, features hidden secrets to uncover — be they mini-games, Easter eggs, or hilarious backstory. In this case, we get an extended epilogue ending for completing five hidden RC Car challenge tracks. Think you’ve got what it takes to solve Trials of the Blood Dragon? Check out the hidden key locations below, and keep scrolling to find the full ending (and epilogue!) embedded below.
The Truth Is Out There | Achievement / Trophy Guide
To check out an epilogue to the game’s ‘story’ you’ll have to collect five secret keys. Getting all those collectibles also earns you an achievement / trophy called ‘The Truth Is Out There’ — these five secret keys are pretty well hidden, so here are our tips for grabbing them all.
- Key #1 – Level 5: Welcome to Miami
- Location: Early in the level, you’ll land at a checkpoint at the peak of a long ramp with a view of a pink neon tiger ahead. Slowly ride down the ramp and fall off the drop (instead of jumping) to land in the pink portal below. You’ll transport to an RC car sequence — drive through the ‘COCKTAILS’ sign to collect the key — pieces will break off if you make progress, it isn’t impossible!
- Key #2 – Level 9: Ancient Riddles
- Location: Partially through the stage, the gravity will shift and you’ll land on a stone wall to the left of two monk statues. Drop into the water and you’ll slide down a ramp. Slow down on the ramp after exiting the water and slowly drop off the sharp peak to enter another RC car sequence.
- Key #3 – Level 15: Insect Invasion
- Location: Enter the building interior and over the hanging platform. Climb up the rubble (with the hanging lift on the left) until you reach a checkpoint and move right. Defeat the enemy and pop the explosive barrel, but instead of going right — go left. There’s a secret room above the (now dead) enemy with a portal to the RC car challenge.
- Key #4 – Level 20: Limbo
- Location: Right at the start, slowly move down the first slope and stop at the ramp so you don’t jump. Instead, you’ll want to drop from the ramp like a rock straight down — hook yourself onto the track below to slide backwards and fly into the portal. This RC car sequence is tricky, practice to escape and reach the key.
- Key #5 – Level 24: Clubbed to Death
- Location: Take out the giant schoolgirl standee in the background after grappling up the obstacles and continue into a maintenance shaft filled with pipes and catwalks. Drop down three catwalks that break and form ramps. On the fourth catwalk, a door will open on the right. Drive off and grapple onto the lift above. Dodge the saws, and at the top of this new shaft, you’ll see the green portal on the left. Swing into it for the final RC car challenge. Collect all the letters in the giant pinball machine to get the key.
After collecting all five keys, a message will appear informing that you’ve earned the hidden epilogue to the ending.
- Replay Level 27: ‘Final Reckoning’ to watch the new epilogue.
Watch the complete secret ending (and additional epilogue) with this outrageous video from Youtuber Boomspring.
And that’s everything you need to know. Now go finish the fight, cyber-soldier.