XCOM 2 is by all accounts a great strategy game. It’s easy to pick up and play, but difficult to master. One of the great things about being a PC-exclusive game is that its developers have optimized its controls for PC gamers. That means there’s shortcuts, and they’re extremely useful.
If you’re planning on spending dozens, if not hundreds of hours in XCOM 2, you’ll want to acquaint yourself with the game’s keyboard shortcuts. You’ll need to, if you want to be an effective commander. The last thing you want to do is be unable to issue commands to your soldiers efficiently. The Resistance is counting on you.
To that end, Firaxis makes it easy for players to perform certain actions that would otherwise require multiple clicks of the mouse to accomplish the same tasks. You’ll be able to end turns, rotate the camera, quicksave and quickload (useful, if you’re save scumming), and quickly use your squaddies’ abilities.
Here’s what you’re missing:
- Spacebar/Enter – Open Shot HUD/Confirm Action
- Tab/Mouse-4 – Next Unit/Target
- Left Shift/Mouse-5 – Previous Unit/Target
- 1-0 – Abilities
- Y – Overwatch
- R – Reload
- Q/E – Rotate Camera Left/Right
- W/A/S/D – Camera Move Up/Left/Down/Right
- G/T – Camera Zoom Level Up/Down
- Mouse-3 – Toggle Camera Zoom Level
- F/C – Ascend/Descent Floor
- End/Backspace – End Turn
- P – Call Skyranger
- Hold Ctrl + Right Mouse – Waypoint Movement
- Right Mouse – Move Unit To Cursor
- F5 – Quick Save
- F9 – Quick Load
For more of XCOM 2, be sure to check out our XCOM 2 .ini Modifications & Cheats Guide. You’ll be able to modify the damage, difficulty, and just about every other element of the game to make it easier or more difficult.