This guide will teach you everything you need to know about the skill system in The Division.
Before you read up on the specific skills, you need to understand how the skills system works:
There are no skill trees and no classes. The combination of gear pieces that you use affect your attribute points. Therefore, you change gear pieces to ‘change classes’. For example, you can prioritize Technology to increase weapon damage, Medical to increase health, and Security to improve how your skills work.
However, there is another factor that comes it, that definitely means you can’t just leave it at finding the best weapons. Weapons require talents, AKA specific attribute ratios. So, if your Medical is high enough but your Technology isn’t, you can’t equip the weapon until you accrue the necessary skill levels. The most high level weapons have talents that require certain numbers of these skills at the highest levels.
These are skills that players can use to support their allies. These do not just include healing, but also some tactical skills.
Heal allies in proximity, including those close to you and those within area of effect.
- First Aid Mod: Defibrillator
- Revive downed teammates, and restore some of their health back.
- First Aid Mod: Overdose
- Increases effectivity of First Aid, and also increases chance to replenish more health.
- First Aid Mod: Booster Shot
- Players and allies within the healing field will do more damage for a short time.
- First Aid Master: Extended Service
- The healing device will remain active longer.
Sends out a pulse that locates and identifies enemies within close proximity, even behind walls.
Mods require Quarantine upgrade in Medical Wing.
- Pulse Mod: Recon Pack
- Increases the range of the pulse, and makes it look for loot caches.
- Pulse Mod: Scrambler
- The pulse will jam pulse waves from the enemy, so that they won’t be able to detect you or your squad back.
- Pulse Mod: Tactical Scanner
- Higher damage against any enemies found by the Pulse scan.
- Pulse Master: Threat Detector
- Notifies your squad if enemies enter your vicinity, and subsequently, if your enemies have detected your squad.
Like First Aid, Support Station can heal and revive players and allies . Instead of administering it directly, players can deploy the station in key locations.
Mods need Virus Lab upgrade in Medical Wing.
- Support Station Mod 1:
- The station revives all downed allied players within close proximity.
- Support Station Mod 2:
- The station removes inflicted debuffs from players and allies.
- Support Station Mod 3:
- Speeds up the recharge rate of skills for players and allies. Also reloads ammo.
- Support Station Master:
- Disable the station, and increase healing to all allies within area of effect.
Another healing unit that will provide health to nearby allies and revive downed players. Can “overheal” beyond maximum health.
Requires the Disaster Aid upgrade in the Medical Wing.
These are advanced tactical weapons, including turrets, sticky bombs, and more. These help players deal more damage.
Fires a bomb that sticks to most surfaces and explodes when detonated remotely.
Mods require Generators upgrade in Tech Wing.
- Sticky Bomb Mod
- Increases the damage and radius of the explosion and may cause targets to bleed.
- Sticky Bomb Mod: Flashbang
- The bomb explodes with a non-lethal effect that blinds and disrupts all targets in range.
- Sticky Bomb Mod: Proximity Fuse
- The bomb explodes automatically when a hostile target is within range.
- Sticky Master: Stealthy Bomb
- The bomb produces less light and sound making it harder for hostiles to detect.
Deploys a stationary turret that attacks nearby hostiles until it is destroyed or its battery runs out.
Mods require Control Room upgrade in Tech Wing.
- Turret Mod: Active Sensor
- Increases turret’s damage and pulses attacked targets, making them visible to all allies.
- Turret Mod: Dragonbreath
- Turret has reduced range but shoots a column of fire.
- Turret Mod: Zapper
- Turret shoots electrical darts that damage and shock multiple targets.
- Turret Master: Scorched Earth
- Turret explodes when manually disabled, damaging all nearby targets.
Releases an automated mine that follows the agent for a short time. Seeks out targets before exploding on proximity.
Mods require Communications upgrade in Tech Wing.
- Seeker Mine Mod: Airburst
- Upon impact, the mine is launched in the air and releases a cluster of small incendiary explosives.
- Seeker Mine Mod: Gas Charge
- The mine seeks out and moves between multiple targets, releasing a cloud of disorienting gas on impact.
- Seeker Mine Mod: Cluster
- Mine separates into smaller pieces that seek out multiple targets simultaneously.
- Seeker Master: Seeking-Betty
- Mine can bounce onto and over low covers, and can move directly towards its target.
Signature Skill: Tactical Link
Temporarily increases damage and critical hit chance for agent and all nearby allies.
This signature skill requires the Division Tech upgrade in the Tech Wing.
These are defensive abilities, including shields and speed buffs.
Equip a portable shield that can block incoming damage. While using the shield players can only use their sidearm.
- Ballistic Shield Mod: Reactive Targeting
- The shield becomes tougher, yet lighter. Enemies that fire at it are hit with a pulse, so that you and your allies see where they are.
- Ballistic Shield Mod: Assault Shield
- Increases sidearm damage, accuracy, reload, and knockback.
- Ballistic Shield Mod 3: Kinetic Breaker
- Converts incoming damage into restored health for the player.
- Ballistic Shield Master:
- If the shield takes no damage for a period of time it will heal itself, such that you could possibly use it indefinitely.
Get ancillary benefits from staying under cover. At the base level, players and their allies under the same cover increase damage.
Mods require upgrade to Situation Room in Security Wing.
- Smart Cover Mod 1: Trapper
- Enemies using cover damage you less, but take more damage from you or your allies.
- Smart Cover Mod 2: Recharger
- Allies under cover recharge health and skills.
- Smart Cover Mod 3: Concealment
- Allies are immune to enemy Pulse abilities. Subsequently, if allies hit enemies, those enemies are hit by pulse.
- Smart Cover Master: Cover Trail
- Extends the effects of cover, even when player leaves area of effect, for a brief amount of time.
Deploy a temporary, mobile cover for one player, that lasts as long as regular cover or until it is destroyed.
Mods require Armory upgrade in Security Wing.
- Mobile Cover Mod 1: Extension
- Mobile cover is tougher and can protect two players.
- Mobile Cover Mod 2:
- The cover has front facing explosives which will hurt enemies in front of you.
- Mobile Cover Mod 3:
- Player under dover deals more damage and makes them immune to enemy Pulses.
- Mobile Cover Master:
- When enemies destroy the shield, all allies behind cover get extended temporary damage resistance
Signature Skill: Survivor Link
Temporarily increases damage resistance and movement speed to player and allies.
Requires the Barracks upgrade in Security Wing.