The electric mouse Pikachu is the standardbearer for the entire Pokemon franchise — a perfect icon that gets across the cuddly appeal of Pokemon. You won’t get Pikachu as your starter in Pokemon Legends: Arceus, but you can find one fast if you know where to look. Pikachu can be a pretty rare find. The baby version, Pichu, is a lot easier to catch… but evolving Pichu into Pikachu is a huge pain in the butt. Let’s avoid having to do that and fill out the Hisui Pokedex the easy way. Here’s how to find Pichu and Pikachu in the Obsidian Fieldlands. By the end of the tutorial area, you’ll have yourself an unmissable Pokemon.
More Pokemon Legends: Arceus guides:
How To Catch Legendary Arceus | How To Catch Mythic Darkrai | How To Catch Legendary Palkia & Dialga | How To Catch Eevee & Evolve All Forms | How To Craft Pokeballs & Potions | How To Get All 3 Starter Pokemon | How To Earn Tons Of Money With Crafting | How To Hunt Shiny Pokemon | How To Increase Friendship Level Faster | All New Evolution Methods
How To Catch The Electric Rats | Pichu, Pikachu & Raichu
Both Pichu and Pikachu can be captured very early in the game — in the first region, the Obsidian Fieldlands.
- Pichu Location: Obsidian Fieldlands, Nature’s Pantry – Found in the general Nature’s Pantry area south of Deertrack Heights. Pichu spawns during the day.
- Pikachu Location: Obsidian Fieldlands, Nature’s Pantry – Travel directly east from Nature’s Pantry until you reach a cliff overlooking the nearby river. On the ledges of the mountain (Deertrack Heights) you’ll find rarely spawning Pikachu during the midday.
- Pikachu also spawns during Space-Time Distortion events, or commonly in the second region.
To evolve Pichu or Pikachu and get the final form, Raichu, you’ll just need increase friendship or find a rare evolution stone.
- Evolves into Pikachu: Level up or complete a study with Friendship 260.
- Evolves into Raichu: Use a Thunder Stone.
To increase Friendship in your Pokemon, you’ll have to do a lot of battles. This can take a surprisingly long time. You can also increase Friendship by releasing Pichu into the wild to explore or using Pichu to collect material nodes. The Thunder Stone is a rare random drop from Space-Time Distortions.
Evolving Pichu into Pikachu is a huge pain this early in the game. It’s much, much easier to just catch a Pikachu. And you can do it if you find the hidden Pikachu grove in the first region.
More Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl guides:
How To Catch All Legendary Pokemon | How To Get Mew, Jirachi & Manaphy | How Get A Useful Catcher Pokemon | Where To Find Evolution Stones | All Field Moves | Early Mystery Gifts | Easier Grand Underground Catching | How To Catch Rotom & Change Forms | All Gift & Fossil Pokemon | Ultimate Moves Locations | Shiny Pokemon Hunting Guide | Easy Cash Farming Method | How To Catch Feebas, The Rarest Pokemon | Ditto Breeding Guide | Best XP Grinding Method | How To Expand Secret Base | How To Catch Mesprit