Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is set in 431 BCE where players will have the choice of being a mercenary that fights for Athens and the Delian League or the Peloponnesian League led by Sparta. Either way, players will be a descendant of Spartan King Leonidas I during the Peloponnesian War.
Much like the previous Assassin’s Creed installments, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey will feature a modern day protagonist as well. Ubisoft will be reintroducing players to Layla Hassan who was present during Assassin’s Creed Origins.
Developers over at Ubisoft delivers a more RPG progressive system in this title which ranges from dialogue choices to a skill tree that can help in aspects such as stealth and combat.
The adventures Ubisoft tends to take players within the Assassin’s Creed franchise have been full of moments where players are fighting with their backs against the wall. Now with this installment featuring more RPG elements, we’re sure players will be able to really craft their protagonist to be prepared for large battles while venturing through Greece. Additionally, with the ability to steer the story in a direction of your choice, there’s bound to be plenty of tough consequences your mercenary will have to endure either directly within the in-game story or as a side mission.
Being set in an open world environment, developers likely have added a ton of Easter Eggs to uncover during your journey. The game is still new into the marketplace and we’re likely going to find even more exciting Easter Eggs in the coming weeks. For now, check out what Easter Eggs have been found so far within our list below.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Easter Eggs
- Players can unlock Evie Frye, a character from Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, to be a lieutenant on your ship. She’s only unlocked if you complete the Master Assassin challenge from the Ubisoft Club which essentially requires players to have all of the previous Assassin’s Creed titles. Unlocking the character will come with a bonus as players will be able to use a fire javelin.
Black Panther Fight
- One of the more shared Easter Eggs so far is the Blank Panther fight. If you already watched the film then head to Gortyn where there will be a group fight in the hills that replicates the battle with Black Panther Killmonger battle.
Splinter Cell Goggles
- Ubisoft tossed in a reference to the much beloved franchise, Splinter Cell. When you’re in the safe house, you can locate the Third Echelon NVG goggles.
King Arthur’s Sword
- Located within the peak of Lakonia you can find a sword sticking out from stone which is a reference to the fabled tale of King Arthur.
The Legend of Zelda Korok Seeds
- Located on the small island within the Pandora’s Cove you can find a small formation of stones with a leaf figure guarding them which is a clear reference to Korok Seeds from The Legend of Zelda.
- During the present portion of the game, in the room, you can find a Rabbid character figurine sitting on a shelf.
Unicorn Horse Skin
- There are a number of different skins and items to purchase during your journey. One of the more unusual items is a horse unicorn skin. The horse will have a horn, sparkle and leave a rainbow trail.