Divinity: Original Sin 2 adds plenty of interesting wrinkles to the western-RPG formula, and one of those wrinkles is the ability to combine two skill books and create an entirely new ability. In-game, there’s no way to know what you’ll get before combining two skills books. There’s a ton of awesome abilities out there, so instead of going in blind, here’s a full list of Level 1 Skill Book combos.
To use Skill Book combo abilities, you’ll need at least one level in both types of magic — combos only seem to work when combining elemental magic and non-elemental magic. That means you can’t combine two elemental skill books together. It’ll all become clear in the list below.
Some of the skill book combos are completely, insanely broken. It isn’t clear what all the skill books actually do, so you’ll need to do some experimentation on your own. Check out all the skill books and results you’ll get from combinations.
All Skill Book Combinations | Complete List
Skill Books can be combined to create a new Skill Book that utilizes both types of magic. You can only combine one Elemental Skill Book and one Non-Elemental Skill Book — elementals and non-elementals don’t mix with each other.
To use a combo Skill Book, you’ll need at least one point in both types of magic. Some powers may require two or more points, so keep that in mind when combining.
- Fire + Necromancy = Corpse Explosion
- Effect: Explodes corpses to deal damage.
- Fire + Polymorph = Bleed Fire
- Effect: Enemies bleed fire, leaving fire when they take damage.
- Fire + Warfare = Sparking Swings
- Effect: Melee attacks generate chain lightning that hits nearby enemies.
- Fire + Hunter = Explosive Trap
- Effect: Sets an explosive trap that explodes when an enemy gets near.
- Fire + Scoundrel = Sabotage
- Effect: Causes any grenades or arrows in an enemy’s inventory to instantly explode.
- Fire + Summoning = Fire Infusion
- Effect: Your minion learns (and uses) fireball.
- Fire 2 + Necromancy 2 = Mass Corpse Explosion
- Fire 2 + Polymorph = Flaming Skin
- Fire 2 + Warfare 2 = Master of Sparks
- Fire 2 + Hunter 2 = Mass Exploding Traps
- Fire 2 + Scoundrel 2 = Mass Sabotage
- Fire 2 + Summoning 2 = Necrofire Infusion
- Air + Necromancy = Vacuum Touch
- Effect: Causes damage, MP silence and suffocation.
- Air + Polymorph = Vaporise
- Effect: Create clouds that cure frozen and petrification status.
- Air + Warfare = Breathing Bubble (Immunity to clouds and suffocate)
- Effect: Gives your immunity to suffocate and cloud effects.
- Air + Hunter = Erratic Wisp
- Effect: Enemies will teleport randomly when attacked.
- Air + Scoundrel = Smoke Cover
- Effect: Generates a cloud effect from the targeted character.
- Air + Summoning = Electric Infusion
- Effect: Your minion learns electric discharge and switches to electricity element.
- Air 2 + Necromancy 2 = Mass Vacuum Aura
- Air 2 + Polymorph 2 = Jellyfish Skin
- Air 2 + Warfare 2 = Mass Breathing Bubbles
- Air 2 + Hunter 2 = Evasive Aura
- Air 2 + Scoundrel 2 = Blessed Smoke Cloud
- Air 2 + Summoning 2 = Cursed Electric Infusion
- Water + Necromancy = Blood Rain
- Effect: Generates bloody rain that causes enemies to bleed and puts out fires.
- Water + Polymorph = Healing Tears
- Effect: Generates tears that heal party members within the area-of-effect.
- Water + Warfare = Cleanse Wounds
- Effect: Powerful healing that also removes the burn / disabled / poison / bleed and decay effects.
- Water + Hunter = Cyrotherapy
- Effect: Frozen floor tiles now provide magic armor.
- Water + Scoundrel = Vampiric Hunger
- Effect: Provides +50% Life Steal for two turns.
- Water + Summoning = Water Infusion
- Effect: Minion gains regeneration and switches to water element.
- Water 2 + Necromancy 2 = Blood Storm
- Water 2 + Polymorph 2 = Icy Skin
- Water 2 + Warfare 2 = Mass Cleanse Wounds
- Water 2 + Hunter 2 = Mass Cryotherapy
- Water 2 + Scoundrel 2 = Vampiric Hunger Aura
- Water 2 + Summoning 2 = Ice Infusion
- Earth + Necromancy = Corrosive Touch
- Effect: Causes acid and atrophy damage.
- Earth + Polymorph = Turn to Oil
- Effect: Turns Water and Blood into Oil. Oil removes the Shock or Stuck effects.
- Earth + Warfare = Oily Carapace
- Effect: Consume Oil for bonus physical armor.
- Earth + Hunter = Throw Dust
- Effect: Throws a burst of dust that damages and blinds enemies. It also removes elemental floors or clouds.
- Earth + Scoundrel = Venom Coating
- Effect: For two turns, adds Poison element damage to all attacks.
- Earth + Summoning = Poison Infusion
- Effect: Minions switches to Poison element and uses the Poison Dart attack.
- Earth 2 + Necromancy 2 = Corrosive Spray
- Earth 2 + Polymorph 2 = Poisonous Skin
- Earth 2 + Warfare 2 = Mass Oily Carapace
- Earth 2 + Hunter 2 = Dust Blast
- Earth 2 + Scoundrel 2 = Venomous Aura
- Earth 2 + Summoning 2 = Acid Infusion