• Skip to main content
  • Skip to header right navigation
  • Skip to site footer
Gameranx

Gameranx

Video Game News, Lists & Guides

  • News
  • Features
  • Platforms
    • Xbox Series X
    • PS5
    • Nintendo
  • Videos
  • Upcoming Games
  • Guides

Sony Deletes Knights Of The Old Republic Remake Tweets

September 29, 2023 by Ryan Parreno

Sony or Embracer should make an official announcement if it really has happened,.

Sony seems to be erasing tweets about the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake.

Sony initially revealed Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake as a PlayStation 5 exclusive, all the way back in 2011. As we knew then, the game was a project between Sony and Lucasfilm Games, which was already under Disney. The game was being developed by Aspyr Media.

Embracer Group had also acquired Aspyr in 2021. They were put under the Saber Interactive label. For this reason, Saber talked to the press about an update on the game in May 2022.

At the time, all parties involved were still optimistic about the project. Saber founder Matthew Karch said: “We’re fully confident that the game is going to be fantastic.”

However, all that changed in July, just two months later. Bloomberg reported that after Aspyr presented their latest build to Sony and LucasFilm, design director Brad Prince and art director Jason Minor were fired. The game was then put on pause. In spite of this report, we received no word from any of the companies involved, to either confirm or deny its details.

And so we jump to today, over a year later. Video Games Chronicle confirmed from a Twitter user named Crusader3456 that the official PlayStation Twitter account deleted their tweets that said “Knights of the Old Republic.” They were also able to confirm that PlayStation did send those tweets before, and that they were successfully archived.

While Video Games Chronicle speculated that this project could have been seeing trouble in relation to Embracer Group’s current financial issues, we have reason to believe that its problems started much earlier in development.

A possible scenario here is that Saber Interactive took over development of the project, as was rumored. While we don’t know how well Saber was progressing, it was at least  a change from Aspyr, that could have satisfied LucasFilm and Sony.

But then, Embracer’s own money problems also created issues with the project. If Sony and LucasFilm stopped funding the project, and Embracer took over that aspect, than this game’s extended stay of execution had finally run its course.

If the rumors were true that Sony and LucasFilm had such a harsh reaction to Aspyr’s work, then maybe we were better off not getting this remake after all. That may sound disappointing to some fans, but we might have been up for a terrible version of the game, whether it was to be Sony exclusive or not.

If it is cancelled, the least we can hope is for any of the companies involved to make it official with a real announcement. We would be better off if Embracer and Sony would go forward to do so.

Share this post:

FacebookTwitterLinkedInPinterest

Recent Videos

15 Games With The Most REALISTIC NPCs

15 Games With The Most REALISTIC NPCs

Top 10 NEW Games of June 2026

Top 10 NEW Games of June 2026

LEGO Batman: Legacy of The Dark Knight - Before You Buy

LEGO Batman: Legacy of The Dark Knight - Before You Buy

Assassin's Creed Black Flag DESPERATELY Wants You Back

Assassin's Creed Black Flag DESPERATELY Wants You Back

7/10 Games We PLAY MORE THAN 10s

7/10 Games We PLAY MORE THAN 10s

Subnautica 2: 10 Things The Game DOESN'T TELL YOU

Subnautica 2: 10 Things The Game DOESN'T TELL YOU

GTA6 TRAILER SOON? LEAKS & MORE

GTA6 TRAILER SOON? LEAKS & MORE

Forza Horizon 6 - Before You Buy

Forza Horizon 6 - Before You Buy

Subnautica 2 - Before You Buy

Subnautica 2 - Before You Buy

Category: UpdatesTag: Aspyr Media, Embracer, Knights Of The Old Republic Remake, Lucasfilm Games, PS5, saber interactive, Sony Interactive Entertainment

Sidebar

Recent Posts

  • Rumor: Is Intergalactic: The Heretic Prophet Releasing By 2027?
  • Rumor: Is Fairgame$ Getting Rebranded With A New Franchise Name?
  • Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick Doesn’t Know Where The GTA 6 Best Buy Rumor Came From
  • Rumor: Bungie Will Have Layoffs After Destiny 2, Destiny 3 Is Not In Development
  • Rumor: GTA 6’s 3rd Trailer Releasing May 26 And Appearing In The Next State Of Play

Copyright © 2026 · Gameranx · All Rights Reserved · Powered by Mai Theme