• Skip to main content
  • Skip to header right navigation
  • Skip to site footer
Gameranx

Gameranx

Video Game News, Lists & Guides

  • News
  • Features
  • Platforms
    • Xbox Series X
    • PS5
    • Nintendo
  • Videos
  • Upcoming Games
  • Guides

Lucasfilm is Still Trying to Make Star Wars 1313 a Reality

December 9, 2015 by Stephen Daly

‘We may very well develop those things further’.

Lucasfilm is still trying to revive cancelled game Star Wars 1313, president Kathleen Kenneday has revealed. 

In an interview with Slash Film, Kennedy was asked about the live action TV series Star Wars: Underworld, and whether it had been abandoned following Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm in 2012. Kennedy said it hasn't been, before mentioning 1313, without being asked about it specifically. 

"No. No, interestingly enough, that's an area we’ve spent a lot of time, reading through the material that he developed is something we very much would like to explore. And there was 1313 the game, where there was….

Kennedy agreed that the concept art for the game was amazing, saying, "Unbelievable. So our attitude is, we don’t want to throw any of that stuff away. It’s gold. And it’s something we’re spending a lot of time looking at, pouring through, discussing, and we may very well develop those things further. We definitely want to."

The Star Wars: Underworld TV series was announced at 2005’s Celebration III. It was due to take place on Coruscant between Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, with a focus on the planet's criminal element. 

Star Wars 1313 meanwhile, was announced at E3 2012 and dissolved developer LucasArts said at the time: 

"As players take control of a lethal bounty hunter in a never-before-seen dark and mature world, Star Wars 1313 introduces an integrated development approach by bringing together great artists across the Lucasfilm organization, including LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. and Skywalker Sound. A third person cinematic action adventure game, Star Wars 1313 will bring to life the Coruscant underworld, the most dangerous place in the Star Wars galaxy."

EA now makes Star Wars games, including the recent Battlefront, and former Uncharted writer Amy Hennig and former Assassin's Creed producer Jade Raymond are developing another Star Wars game at Visceral and EA Motive. 

Share this post:

FacebookTwitterLinkedInPinterest

Recent Videos

Mortal Shell 2 - Before You Buy

Mortal Shell 2 - Before You Buy

No Man's Sky: 10 YEARS LATER

No Man's Sky: 10 YEARS LATER

Open World Games That DON'T FEEL EMPTY

Open World Games That DON'T FEEL EMPTY

Hell Let Loose Vietnam - Before You Buy

Hell Let Loose Vietnam - Before You Buy

GTA 6 CEO ON GAMEPLAY, PHANTOM BLADE ZERO LOOKS INSANE & MORE

GTA 6 CEO ON GAMEPLAY, PHANTOM BLADE ZERO LOOKS INSANE & MORE

Onimusha Way of the Sword: 10 Things You NEED TO KNOW

Onimusha Way of the Sword: 10 Things You NEED TO KNOW

Ghost Recon Wildlands (2026) - Before You Buy

Ghost Recon Wildlands (2026) - Before You Buy

Why GTA 6 Gameplay Is Coming To NETFLIX First

Why GTA 6 Gameplay Is Coming To NETFLIX First

20 Games That We Are ADDICTED to Right Now

20 Games That We Are ADDICTED to Right Now

Category: Updates

Sidebar

Recent Posts

  • Shuhei Yoshida, Who Sold Gamers On Sharing PS4 Games, Doesn’t Understand Why Physical Games Is A Big Issue Now
  • Phantom Blade Zero Finally Reveals Its Unique Game World – The Kungfupunk of Wulin
  • The Duskbloods’ Character Descriptions Allegedly Leaked
  • Elden Ring Tarnished Edition Leaves Denfaminicogamer “Utterly Speechless” For Its Flawless Performance On Switch 2
  • Sony CEO Hiroki Totoki Reveals PlayStation 6 Still Doesn’t Have A Release Date

Copyright © 2026 · Gameranx · All Rights Reserved · Powered by Mai Theme