• Skip to main content
  • Skip to header right navigation
  • Skip to site footer
Gameranx

Gameranx

Video Game News, Lists & Guides

  • News
  • Features
  • Platforms
    • Xbox Series X
    • PS5
    • Nintendo
  • Videos
  • Upcoming Games
  • Guides

Ubisoft Still Committed to Wii U and PS Vita

August 26, 2013 by Stephen Daly

Publisher impressed by Vita lineup, Nintendo IPs.

Ubisoft's Alain Corre has told IGN that the publisher is not ready to give up on the Wii U or the PlayStation Vita. 

Last week at gamescom, Sony announced that it had the price of PS Vita hardware and memory cards. The company also announced a host of new games for the handheld including Borderlands 2. 

"We were very pleasantly surprised by Sony's last push on the Vita," Corre commented. "Decreasing the price and investing a lot in new IP and trying to use the Vita as a second screen for the PS4, all of that gives a lot of advantages for the future of the Vita. We're watching that space and making sure that our PS4 games work on Vita, so the global experience on PS4 is even better."

Speaking about the Wii U, which sold just 160,000 units in the last quarter, Corre said that Nintendo has strong IPs and may still be able to reverse the console's fortunes. 

"There are millions, tens of millions of fans of Nintendo brands. I'm sure you’ve played Mario Kart for hundreds of hours. I did too. There are so many great franchises that are still making people dream," Corre said. "We think these brands will stay with us. After that, it's up to Nintendo to make sure that the machine can reach as many consumers as possible.

"We all think that they'll be able to sell more machines in the future. They have some of the best IP in the world, and some of the best memories for their players. If you've played Smash Bros. in the past, you want to play the next one. So these brands have a future, for sure. It's up to them to work on more communication to get the machine into more hands," he concluded.

Ubisoft delayed the release of Rayman Legends so it could develop the game as a multiplatform title when it had been orignally announced as a Wii U exclusive. 

The company's CEO Yves Guillemot blamed the Wii U's poor sales for the decision. Guillemot has also said that Nintendo needs to sell more consoles before Ubisoft will consider making more exclusive titles for the Wii U.  

Via: GameSpot. 

Share this post:

FacebookTwitterLinkedInPinterest

Recent Videos

10 Open World Games That NEVER REALLY END

10 Open World Games That NEVER REALLY END

SONY CLOSES MAJOR STUDIO, HEAD OF XBOX RETIRES & MORE

SONY CLOSES MAJOR STUDIO, HEAD OF XBOX RETIRES & MORE

20 Best Recent Games That Are NOW DIRT CHEAP

20 Best Recent Games That Are NOW DIRT CHEAP

10 Upcoming Games With INSANE Graphics

10 Upcoming Games With INSANE Graphics

Resident Evil Requiem: 10 BIGGEST CHANGES

Resident Evil Requiem: 10 BIGGEST CHANGES

20 AA Games We CAN'T WAIT To Play

20 AA Games We CAN'T WAIT To Play

50 BEST Sci-Fi Games You SHOULD NOT Miss

50 BEST Sci-Fi Games You SHOULD NOT Miss

10 Early Access Games That Have Improved a LOT

10 Early Access Games That Have Improved a LOT

God of War: Sons of Sparta - Before You Buy

God of War: Sons of Sparta - Before You Buy

Category: Updates

Sidebar

Recent Posts

  • High On Life 2: How To Unlock A Secret Escape Room Ending
  • Reanimal: How To Solve Bunker Signal Puzzle
  • Rumor: Next Santa Monica Studio Game Is Not Focused On *Atreus*
  • Pokemon Presents Confirmed Next Week
  • Rockstar Seems To Have A Secret Bonus Limited To Some GTA Online Players

Copyright © 2026 · Gameranx · All Rights Reserved · Powered by Mai Theme