Unravel the Mystery of Futuristic Sci-Fi Sidescroller ‘Kova’
An existential RPG that tackles the Fermi paradox.
Have you ever wondered whether humans are alone in the universe? Whether alien life exists, and is just waiting to be discovered? Black Hive Media’s love for exactly this sort of sci-fi narrative manifests in Kova, an upcoming metroidvania set in a distant future where interstellar travel is the norm.
Players take on the role of Kova Rimor, a space mercenary who crash-lands on an ice-glazed planet and subsequently embarks on a journey to uncover the mystery of a foreign beacon. Kova promises the following features:
- Join one of three factions, each with their own perks, missions and dialog options
- Craft shift upgrades, ammo and other items
- FPS-like combat controls paired-down for 2D, allowing you to fully aim and control trajectory
- Take on side missions to get information and earn credits, so you can upgrade your skills, ship and weapons
- Uncover one of the universe’s greatest mysteries by collecting and analyzing beacons
- Explore a variety of planets with their own distinct atmosphere, different town hubs and side-missions to take on.
Kova has a projected release date of Q4 2017 for PC, Mac and Linux and is currently seeking support on Steam Greenlight. A kickstarter for the game is planned for March 28.