Sony President Reveals There’s Several Unannounced Projects Ahead
Developers chime in about their current projects of 2017.
We’re just starting out the New Year and already there are countless video game titles, both from triple AAA video game development studios to small indie teams, that we can’t wait to get our hands on. However, when it comes to Sony, there are still a number of video game titles being worked on that’s yet to be unveiled.
Famitsu and Dengeki spoke with a large list of Japanese developers and creators about what their ambitions are for 2017. Thanks to Siliconera, who translated the text, we are able to see a massive list of upcoming video game titles that developers are excited to launch at some point this year.
One of the more interesting comments were made by Sony Interactive Entertainment World Wide Studios Shuhei Yoshida in which he reveals that there are several upcoming titles that have yet to be announced for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR.
“We have numerous unannounced titles in production. Please look forward to their announcements.”
It’s not shocking to hear that there are currently projects in the works from Sony, but knowing that there seems to be a wide range of titles which will be announced throughout the year certainly has us interested.
You can check out the full highlights and what developers are looking forward to most this year at Siliconera. However, we’ve pulled out a few to highlight right here down below.
- Kazuyuki Yamai: I’m working hard on plans for Shin Megami Tensei’s 25th anniversary. The new title is a secret for just a little longer.
- Yusuke Tomizawa: Development on the new God Eater console game has been going full force, and I hope to be able to share the latest soon. The series’ 7th anniversary is on February 4, so please expect something new.
- Yoshimi Yasuda: In addition to God Wars, I’d like to release two new titles.
- Hiroyuki Sakamoto: Please look forward to hearing about what’s next for Yakuza.
- Keiichiro Toyama: After my first purchase of the year that is Gravity Rush 2, I’ll immediately begin work on a new title.
- Takeo Kujiraoka: Dissidia Final Fantasy’s new characters will continue seeing more from the villain side, but we also plan on the appearance of a rather unexpected character.
- Yosuke Saito: I’m currently dreaming of being able to release in the order of NieR: Automata > Dragon Quest XI > Dragon Quest X on PS4 & Switch. But it’s just a dream.
- Hajime Tabata: I’m in the middle of working on Final Fantasy XV’s update. I’m also taking on the challenge of a great expansion that hasn’t been made public yet.