Uncharted 4 Survival Mode Available Now, New Updates Detailed
New mode, features, and more
Uncharted 4’s newest mode, Survival is available now to try out on the PS4. Survival is the new cooperative mode where you and up to two of your friends can take on 50 waves of increasingly skilled enemies, a variety of challenging objectives and modifiers, and intense boss battles.
Check out the new launch trailer down below:
Game Designer, Vinit Agarwal, took to the PlayStation Blog to give players, even more, information on the new update. There are loads of new content, including new skins, weapons, and returning maps. Check out the full details below:
Survival isn’t all you’ll find in our latest patch—we’re also adding a ton of new content for Uncharted 4 Multiplayer, including two new maps, five flashback weapons, new vanity items and color variant options, as well as an all-new mode: King of the Hill.
• New Maps: Train Wreck (from Uncharted 2) and Prison
• Returning Classic Weapons: M4 Assault Rifle, PAK-80 Light Machine Gun, Micro 9mm Automatic Pistol, Para 9 Pistol, and the Desert 5 Pistol (Heavy Weapon)
• New Beta Test Playlist Mode: King of the Hill – teams to compete to retain control of a single Hill and earn Victory Points. Respawning restricted when your team controls the Hill
• New Character Skins: 48 new character skins, including new Biker-themed skins
• New Color Customization: Customize any character skin with 25 unique color variants
• New Multiplayer Levels and Rewards: Max rank increased to Level 90 with two new vanity unlocks
• New Challenges: Earn Relics with new Challenges for Multiplayer and Survival
Agarwal also stated that the Uncharted 4 multiplayer economy is changing as well. Naughty Dog has been listening to their fans and will be revamping a lot of the mechanics of the multiplayer system. Check out what he had to say below:
Starting today, we’re permanently reducing the cost of in-game chests, making it easier to unlock new vanity and gameplay items. We’re also introducing Relic Boosters that give you a 300% increase in Relics earned for completing matches and also include a stackable bonus for all other players on your team. Anyone who purchases or has purchased Uncharted Points in the past will also earn VIP Status, which includes a permanent 20% bonus to all Relics earned from Challenges.
Players can try out Survival and all the new features starting today.