New Weapon Classes for Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Here are the right weapons for the right types of armor, and two new weapon classes.
Dealing Damage in Kingdom Come: Deliverance comes down to using the right types of weapons against the right type of armor. Every weapon is good against different types of armor.
In Kingdom Come: Deliverance this is reflected in three different stats. Every weapon in Kingdom Come: Deliverance deals either:
- Blunt damage: Strong against “harder” armor types
- Slash damage: Strong against “softer” armor types
- Stab damage: Strong against chain mails and the like.
All weapons, of course, have their own specific weight, and this determines how fast you can wield it and the stamina requirement for its use. Train your fighting skills or stamina to become an even better warrior. The RPG system supports you, but on the battlefield on your personal skills matter.
Attack more than 30 damage zones or protect yourself with up to four layers in 16 armor slots of your inventory. Fencing combos can be used to outsmart your opponent even if the odds aren’t in your favor. However, if you don’t properly care for your weapon, its durability will suffer.
New weaponry in Kingdom Come: Deliverance provides players with most of the common early 15th century weapons. Short swords, bastard swords, axes, maces and much more are all at your fingertips as well.
Warhorse Studios presents two new weapon classes, both of which are useful and deadly if wielded well.
- Halberds are a strong mid range weapon that can keep your opponent at a distance. Strong slashes and deadly stabs make this weapon useful in combat. However, use in narrow corridors or with less space will affect your fighting style and mobility. If you are near a wall or a roof, you won’t be able to use Halberds for anything other than stabbing your opponent.
- Daggers are weapons that are only useful in stealth approaches. You can instantly kill your enemy if you get close enough to them without them seeing you. However, if your opponent spots you, you won’t even be able to melee with your dagger.
In Stealth mode, you must be noiseless and invisible to execute your fatal blows. Visibility and noise states are determined by the armor and clothing that you are wearing. If you shirk visible and loud protective armor in favor of silence, you may be able to sneak close enough to your target.
The RPG system supports your stealth skill with new levels and perks, but killing proves to not always be the best option.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance presents players with a variety of different approaches for successful quest completion. Knocking someone out instead of killing can open a new way to solve quests and even change the situation.