Mount & Blade: Warband is Coming to Consoles in September
TaleWorld Entertainment’s creation is coming to consoles soon.
Turkish studio TaleWorld Entertainment’s action RPG, Mount & Blade, originally released on PC back in 2007. A few years later, in 2010 exactly, the studio released a standalone expansion, which can be seen as a sequel, titled Mount & Blade: Warband.
A couple of days ago, publisher Deep Silver released a press release announcing the game’s arrival to PS4 and Xbox One consoles later this year, in September. A Reddit moderator translated some of the key points in the statement, revealing that a demo of the game will be showcased over at the studio’s booth at Gamescom in a couple of weeks.
- The port will feature slightly up-scaled resources, alongside a few post-processing effects; nothing major in my opinion.
- There will be no modding support.
- There will be no Viking Conquest or Napoleonic Wars.
- The price will stay with the PC version (excluding sales).
- Multiplayer is staying limited to 32-players.
- They will be showing demos of the console port at Gamescom this month.
Mount & Blade: Warband releases on September 16 for PS4 and Xbox One, and expect another official announcement from TaleWorld Entertainment revealing a number of new details about the game’s upcoming console port.