Rockstar Launches GTA Online Power Play Update
Powerups introduced in Grand Theft Auto Online.
Despite stating that Grand Theft Auto Online would not be a permanent title within the franchise, the Rockstar Games development team is not slowing down with showering gamers with new and exciting updates. The latest update to release for Grand Theft Auto Online is known as Power Play which gives players five new abilities to use against others in PvP.
Featured in three maps so far, Power Play will toss out various powerups throughout the map for players to pick up. With these new powerups, players can further mow down the competition or collect to activate with your team as a whole.
As stated earlier, there are only three maps that allow Power Play which are Aircraft Carrier, Vespucci Beach, and lastly the Bolingbroke Prison. Likewise, the Power Play update also brings in a new car called the Grotti X80 Proto Supercar which is available for purchase from the Legendary Motorsport.
To entice players to check out the latest update, Rockstar Games is offering gamers double GTA$ and RP until June 27, 2016. Check out the powerups and descriptions down below along with the trailer announcement up above.
- Beasted: Transform into the Beast and use special powers like invisibility, super jump, and super strength.
- Zoned: Slow down time for all players, giving snipers a tactical advantage over exposed enemies.
- Doped: Dull your enemy’s senses with a trippy green haze. They’ll never see that flank coming…
- Raging: Unleash a rampage with your entire team by inflicting increased damage while taking reduced damage.
- Flipped: Scramble your opponents by picking up Flipped, temporarily inverting all enemy camera controls and mixing team chat to truly get in their heads.
- Dark: Take your team off the grid for well-timed sneak attacks.