Rockstar Toronto Hiring for Open-World PS4, Xbox One Game
A new next-gen game is on the way from Rockstar.
Have you had a chance to absorb all of the new, exciting Grand Theft Auto 5 information that washed over the internet today? If you’re behind, just know that we got to see our first bit of gameplay footage, as well witness just how customizable both the vehicles and weapons will be in the game. It’s exciting news for what’s sure to be one of the biggest games of 2013, but don’t think that GTA 5 is the only Rockstar game in development at this time. A new job listing at Rockstar Toronto has revealed that the Canadian team is working on a new, open-world project that will debut on next-generation consoles.
This comes straight from the developer’s website, where a call has been put out for “the industry's most talented environment artists.” This means that the studio will need someone to design and texture the world, as well as “have the technical knowledge to achieve great looking results and the skill to get the most from next-gen consoles.” It’s a big job, and one that requires all of the following qualifications:
· 2+ years of post-secondary educational experience in 2D and 3D art production.
· Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
· Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
· Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
· Strong communication and time management skills.
· Able to prioritize and multi-task.
· Creative nature with strong problem solving skills.
· Game experience preferred.
Rockstar Toronto’s last game was Max Payne 3, but with “open-world” being one of the key features here, it’s likely that we’ll be seeing something completely different this time around.