Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Director Reveals Tons of New Informtation
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey receives tons of new information.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is the upcoming entry in the Assassin’s Creed franchise, taking the series to Rome and the gladiator era. A number of the game’s development team were featured in Q&As, Reddit AMAs and most recently a quick-fire 107 questions hosted by Game Informer. Around a month ago, Creative Director Jonathan Dumont discussed naval combat, different romance options and how player’s choices will affect the game’s ending. Game Director Scott Phillips touched upon several of these topics during the rapid-fire question session, revealing a number of interesting information.
Players can only own one ship, and will act as your floating home base, with your entire crew hanging out there. In addition to that, missions are “level-gated,” meaning certain missions will have a level barrier to do them, as well as the absence of a morality meter, the possibility of having photo mode at the game’s launch and so much more. Here are the main points discussed.
- Your boat is your floating home base. Your crew, lieutenants, Sokrates, Barnabas, and Herodotus will hang out there. You only get one ship, but you can customize it.
- There will be new sea shanties.
- There are half-a-dozen romantic partners, and you can romance them all at once. You can even take them all on your ship with you if you don’t mind some awkwardness.
- Alexios and Kassandra can’t romance each other, “We’ll see” on whether they both exist in the world at the same time.
- Missions are level-gated.
- Odyssey is much longer than Origins and has a bigger map.
- Eight studios are working on the game.
- Multiplayer isn’t coming back, as it developing it takes resources away from the single-player experience.
- Definitely no battle royale mode.
- You can pet any tamed animals, including lions and bears.
- Oddly, you can’t just pet the random dogs walking around.
- Your horse won’t go on your ship, but you can whistle for him anywhere.
- Probably not coming to the Switch.
- No morality meter.
- There will probably be a photo mode available at launch.
- Another “We’ll see” on whether there’s a Discovery Mode.
- Expect plenty of post-release content.
- There’s no hair/beard customization – you’re stuck with your face.
- Phillips is most proud about the fact that Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is a full RPG, which allows you to develop relationships and effect the world in a real way.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey releases on October 5th for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
[Source: Game Informer]