Fortnite Content Update 5.0 Drops
Two new weapons get added into the mix.
Epic Games’ third-person shooter, Fortnite has just received a new update adding two new weapons into the mix, one for Save The World, and one for those playing Battle Royale.
First up, gamers who enjoy the survival experience a little bit more than the free-for-all combat can get a hold of the typewriter assault rifle in the weekly store. The rifle will be available in the weekly store from now until July 25th 8pm EST. The Rifle offers players mid damage with a high capacity magazine, perfect for taking out groups of enemies at a decent distance.
Battle Royale gamers will be receiving a new Submachine gun which makes use of light ammo at a capacity of 30 rounds. The gun is available in common, uncommon and rare varieties.
Coinciding with the update is a sale on the Save The World mode of the game. Snag the Zombie survival experience for 50% off the original price.
Check out the full patch notes, down below:
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Submachine Gun added.
– Available in Common, Uncommon, and Rare variants.
– 19-21 base damage.
– Uses Light Ammo.
– 30 round capacity.
– Can be found in floor loot and chests.
- Tactical SMG has been added to the Vault.
- Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle damage increased to 75/78 from 63/66.
SAVE THE WORLD
- 50% OFF SALE!Purchase the game for half off for a limited time.
- Starts July 17 and ends July 30.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Typewriter Assault Rifle added to the Weekly Store.
– A mid-range assault weapon with a high capacity magazine and a lateral kick. Its shooting profile makes it ideal for clearing groups of nearby enemies in mobile engagements.
– Available Wednesday, July 18 at 8 PM EST until Wednesday, July 25 at 8 PM EST.