Fortnite Runs At Native 4K On Xbox One X With Latest Patch
Fortnite on Xbox One gets a tasty new patch!
Epic Games’ Fortnite has just received a new update for the third-person title. Update 2.5.0 is now available for all users, and amongst the usual bug fixes and performance alterations, Xbox One X players will be happy to hear that the title now runs at Native 4K on the beefed up console.
The substantially large update also has stability upgrades for standard Xbox One console owners, Dynamic resolution has been enabled on consoles, which should help the frame rate remain at a consistent pace.
Check out the full patch notes down below:
- Enabled dynamic resolution and high quality temporal upsampling on PS4 and Xbox One.
- Dynamic resolution gives more consistent framerate during heavy combat and increases visual fidelity when load on the GPU is lighter.
- Full 4K Resolution now supported on Xbox One X.
- Added a key binding for “Toggle Pickaxe” on PC.
- PC + Mac Social Panel has been expanded to make browsing long lists of friends easier.
- Added distinctive sound variations when starting to build with Wood/Stone/Metal.
- Fixed multiple scenarios where connectivity errors would block login.
- Improved XMPP connection recovery on console.
- Optimized XMPP payloads.
- Removed extra queries when returning from match.
- Removed redundant store queries.
- Fixed a problem with empty progress bars incorrectly showing as full bars on Mac.
- Fixed Discord game invites and rich presence information.
Fortnite is out now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.