Shadow of War Update 1.07 Adds Online Fight Pits
Pit your Army against other players’ army with this free update.
Monolith Studio’s third-person homage to Tolkien’s epic series, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War has just received it’s latest update, adding a host of content to the title.
Update 1.07, which is available to download now for free, fixes the usual bugs, freezes, and balances but also introduces an awesome new mode to the action title. Online fighting pits is basically a passive way to earn rewards, players can pit their orcs and Uruk fight against other players’ Orcs and Uruk online for unique winnings.
While as of now it seems like a sneaky way for Warner Bros to make cash off players with more loot box integration we can give them benefit of the doubt as nothing has been explicitly stated.
See the full patch notes for the game below, Middle-Earth: Shadow of War is out now for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Free Content Update and Features (Included in the patch)
- Online Fight Pits: The Online Fight Pits allows players to train up their Orc followers by pitting them against Uruks and Ologs from other gamers’ armies around the world. Through this ultimate fight to the death in the arena, players can earn powerful rewards and upgrades that can be used to improve their army and continue the battle for Mordor.
- Improved Fight Pit pacing: Shortened fight timer and increased damage dealt.
- Starting a Nemesis Mission will now reset the cooldown for summoning beasts and bodyguards.
- Fixed an issue where player gear and buffs were affecting Fight Pit participants.
- Fixed issues where players’ Overlords could disappear from the Army screen after losing a fortress.
- Fixed issues where an Orc who cheated death after a Pit Fight loss could fail to re-enter the Army screen.
- Fixed an issue where loading into an Online Vendetta could result in becoming stuck on a black screen.
- Fixed a long load time issue when selecting “Leave Mission” during an Online Vendetta or Online
- Fixed issues with incorrect Orc traits being shown in the Online Conquests preview menu.
- Fixed an incorrect error message when replacing a daily challenge.
- Fixed a campaign audio issue when accessing the first Shadow of the Past Mission.