Madden 18 Update 1.06 Tweaks Pass Accuracy, Enables 4K Ultra HD on Xbox One X and More
Madden NFL 18 update 1.06 is out.
EA Sports‘ Madden NFL 18 update 1.06 is out.
The update focuses on passing, as well as addressing several issues in the game’s Franchise and MUT modes. Not only that, Xbox One X players can now play Madden NFL 18 on 4K Ultra HD instead of 1080p. Here is everything the update brings:
- Updated NFL records for Offline (already available in Cloud)
- Addressed issue displaying certain menus in 4K
- Addressed issue around Injured Players not showing up as being on the IR when starting a franchise via Play Now Live
- Made stability improvements
- Tuned to increase pass accuracy when throwing in a clean pocket with feet set in Competitive Game Style
- Tuned to decrease pass accuracy when throwing across the QB’s body at drastic angles and making back-foot throws
- Tuned to decrease defensive penalty for using the Pass Commit adjustment vs. running plays in all Game Styles
- Added logic for Conservative Ball Carrier Coaching Adjustment – now there’s a very low chance for defender fakeouts when this adjustment is active
- Tuned to increase frequency of holding penalties when the Aggressive Blocking Coaching Adjustment is active
- Tuned to increase frequency of offsides penalties when the Aggressive Pass Rush Coaching Adjustment is active
- Addressed issues resulting in catches being knocked out by minimal defensive contact
- Addressed issues around users losing control for a short time during the camera flip on turnovers
- Addressed online grieving exploits around spamming the Fake Snap mechanic to stop the clock and defenders intentionally Encroaching to keep the clock running
- Addressed issue resulting in incorrect field position after a touchback occurs on a missed field goal
- Addressed issue where kick return player would get stuck in a strafe assignment after colliding with a teammate
- Tuned to ensure plays populate in the Run/Pass Counter filter of the Play Call menu
- Added Skills Trainer Gauntlet stability improvements
- Added a controller-rumble prompt in MUT Squads to notify user-controlled receivers when the ball is snapped
- Tuned to address inability to move outside linebacker when showing blitz in the Dollar formation
- MUT Squads
- Addressed issues around incorrect XP awards
- Addressed rare issue around Field Goal net enlarging after missing a field goal
- Xbox One X
- Upgraded Resolution from 1080p to 4K Ultra HD: Providing players with the highest fidelity visuals in Madden NFL experience ever, delivering hyper-realistic gameplay to your fingertips
- Gameplay Runs at a Consistent 60 frames per second (fps): Delivers seamless transitions and improved gameplay performance between each down
- Character Level of Detail: Vibrant, detailed athlete visuals bringing your favorite NFL stars to life!
Make sure to check out our impressions piece on Madden NFL 18 to help you decide whether to pick it up or wait till next year.