Latest Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update Adds Video Captures And Other Features
Familiarise yourself with the latest changes before hopping into your next race!
The latest update for Nintendo’s racing mania, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has just dropped, changing up a couple mechanics of the game and adding video capture.
Essentially the video capture feature allows players to snag up to 30 seconds of racing footage for those quick moments of glory. Notable changes include the Blue Shell will no longer set sights on the second player if the player in first hasn’t yet crossed the finish line, Extended the invulnerability period after spinning out or crashing and players further back in LAN races will receive better items to catch up.
Check out the rest of the changes in the patch notes below:
- Video capture compatibility added. Hold the Capture Button to capture up to 30 seconds of the previous footage.
- The system must be updated to Ver 4.0.0 or higher to use this feature.
- Now more difficult to float down using the glider when Smart Steering is ON.
- Blue Shells no longer hit the second place player when the first place player hasn’t yet crossed the finish line.
- Extended the invulnerability period after spinning out or crashing.
- Changes made to Online Play prior to Ver.1.2.1 now apply to Wireless Play and LAN Play as well:
- When further back in a race, will receive better items to help catch up to other players.
- No more than one Piranha Plant will appear at a time.
- Updating to Ver 1.3.0 will prevent users from Wireless Play or LAN Play with users on Ver.1.2.1 or lower.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe isn’t the only title to receive video capture, Nintendo has added support for other games like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, ARMS, and Splatoon 2, to learn more about the latest Nintendo Switch update, check out our article, here.