Divinity: Original Sin 2 Sells 650,000 Copies in 18 Days
Divinity 2 dominates its launch!
Divinity: Original Sin 2, the sequel to 2014’s top-down RPG Divinity: Original Sin is off to an amazing start. In just 18 days, the title managed to move 650,00 copies. Via Valve’s platform, Steam, Divinity 2 sold 420,000, during the year in which it was available on Early Access, it managed to shift 234,000 copies, which overall has now risen to 650,000.
It’s a pretty significant statistic, especially considering the game follows the same formula as classic RPGs, a fairly niche genre in today’s standards.
While I haven’t played it as of yet, It’s been getting pretty positive reviews, with the general consensus praising the gameplay elements, story progression, fleshed out quests and huge variety of content.
Sounds like something you maybe be interested? Head on over to the game’s Steam Page and check it out!
- Choose your race and origin. Choose from 6 unique origin characters with their own backgrounds and quests, or create your own as a Human, Lizard, Elf, Dwarf, or Undead. All choices have consequences.
- Unlimited freedom to explore and experiment. Go anywhere, talk to anyone, and interact with everything! Kill any NPC without sacrificing your progress, and speak to every animal. Even ghosts might be hiding a secret or two…
- The next generation of turn-based combat. Blast your opponents with elemental combinations. Use height to your advantage. Master over 200 skills in 12 skill schools. But beware – the game’s AI 2.0 is our most devious invention to date.
- Up to 4 player online and split-screen multiplayer. Play with your friends online or in local split-screen with full controller support.
- Game Master Mode: Take your adventures to the next level and craft your own stories with the Game Master Mode. Download fan-made campaigns and mods from Steam Workshop.