Horizon Zero Dawn Updates 1.33 and 1.34 Are Live; Fixes Progression Issues and General Bug Fixes
Horizon Zero Dawn receives a general update.
Horizon Zero Dawn is one of the highlights of the gaming world this year, and even though it has minimal flaws, Guerilla Games are still pumping out updates to further improve the game.
Horizon Zero Dawn’s update 1.33 is a general update, fixing reported progression issues and allows players to manually save their progress before starting a New Game+. However, the update caused the game to crash “when trying to load a save where the player had an opened treasure box in their inventory containing a modification and other items. ” The update’s highlights were published on Reddit:
Patch 1.33 is available now. This patch fixes a number of technical issues, issues that occurred with New Game + and Ultra Hard difficulty, progression issues and crashes as outlined below. The patch is 309.6 MB.
NOTE: This list may contain several spoilers!
If you encounter an issue while playing Horizon Zero Dawn, please try reloading a recent manual save, quicksave or autosave from the “Load” menu option. If the issue persists, please take screenshots of the area where it occurred and your location on the map, and forward them to us for further investigation.
• Implemented an option to allow making a manual save from a previous Game when starting a New Game to avoid losing progress.
• Fixed an issue where for some players Tearblast Arrows incorrectly deal extra Tear damage on Ultra Hard.
• Fixed an issue where some players were able to reroll Special Modification Boxes by saving and reloading.
PROGRESSION ISSUES FIXES
• Fixed an issue in ‘The Womb of the Mountain’ when playing on Story difficulty where some players were able to kill the Corruptor outside of the gate, blocking progression because the player is not able to interact with it to continue the quest.
– Update: Unfortunately patch 1.33 introduced a crash that would occur for certain players when trying to load a save where the player had an opened treasure box in their inventory containing a modification and other items. We are currently working on a fix for this issue.
– Update 2: Patch 1.34 is live now and fixes the issue where players were unable to load their save when they had an opened treasure box in their inventory.
Are you enjoying Horizon Zero Dawn?