Friday the 13th: The Game Receives New Update; Available to Download Across All Platforms Today
Are you happy with these updates?
Gun Media and Illfonic Games have taken to Facebook to announce and detail their latest patch update for their asymmetrical multiplayer title Friday the 13th: The Game.
The new update comes bringing a slew of new welcomed fixes including no more team killing, a smaller map mode for quicker and more efficient games, plus many many more fixes. The developers also released a message to the fans letting them know some specific details about the patch.
Check out both the developer’s message and patch notes down below:
Hey all! So we’re happy to announce that the build has gone live for all platforms today! You might see some time differences with each platform, but everything is starting to go out now!
The biggest draws are of course the new smaller maps that have been added. We’ve reduced the size of each map by around 40% which should encourage a bit faster-paced game play overall and give you guys something new/different to toy around with while we work on the already hinted at new content coming at a later date.
You might also note that Team Killing has been removed for public matches. Cars can still be used to kill, however weapons will have no effect on fellow counselors, should you be wielding a shotgun. We will continue to monitor game play overall for continued tweaks.
For those on Xbox; this is a big one. We’ve reduced crashing instances to almost nil at this point and are fairly confident the memory leak has been plugged. Things should be far, far more stable and with new matchmaking tweaks we believe things should be far more optimized. Keep in mind, we are still working on console dedicated servers so host-quits will still result in the game ending, however crashing to dashboard should not be experienced.
We have also added localization to the game. English, French, Italian, German, Japanese, Portuguese and Russian have all been added.
Lastly; we’ve done another major sweep of bugs and exploits. Rock hiding spots, collision exploits and the outside-the-map exploits that were being used by players have been plugged. You should also notice that items will not fall through the map as frequently/if ever.
As always; please continue to send all issues you encounter to www.jasonkillsbugs.com should you encounter weird/odd things or exploits being utilized by players.
Overall stability should be drastically improved due to a number of crash fixes and a major memory leak fix.
- Disallowing party leaders to join game session invites to sessions that do not advertise (private matches). This is due to not being able to search for sessions that do not advertise, which prevents party members from following their leader into them.
- Party leaders can now follow public game invites, bringing members with them.
- Steam Matchmaking tries harder to find lower-pinging matches. PS4 matchmaking up to 6x more efficient with tighter ping requirements.
- Fixed XB1 matchmaking bugs.
- Fixed a number of issues with how the game handles Party Invites and Matchmaking; there are still a few issues out there that are rare but it is much improved.
- Fixed a number of issues on how canceling matchmaking was handled that could leave players in a state they could no longer matchmake.
- Party members now see their party leader’s matchmaking status and time.\
- Various improvements to error messaging.
- Added Small Maps for the existing maps; Packanack Small, Higgins Haven Small, and Camp Crystal Lake Small.
- Increased the density of Kill locations on all maps.
- Adjusted collision on Maps to prevent people from standing on water.
- Adjusted collision on piers to prevent cars from driving on them .
- Added a Map Icon to Campfire Kills.
- Fixed a number of kill spots that were not functioning.
- Fixed an issue with not being able to fix boat propellers based on boat positioning on the dock.
- Placed collision under piers to prevent people from swimming under them.
- Fixed a number of areas that the player could get out of the map.
- Fixed a number of areas that Counselors could get to that Jason could not.
- Added better collision around Boat Exits to prevent Jason from getting to areas he shouldn’t be in.
- Team Killing changes.
- Team Killing is no longer possible in Public Matches.
- Cars can still cause damage to the players if they are hit.
- Traps can still hurt and/or kill the player but there is no longer an XP penalty for the person that placed the trap in Public Matches.
- Private Matches have not changed.
- Fixed an issue where the Counselors breath wouldn’t start to recharge if the user continued to hold the button after breath was depleted.
- Fixed an issue with Fear being canceled if pulled out of a car.
- Fixed an issue with the Police Objective happening when it shouldn’t be.
- Fixed a number of issues regarding objects falling through the ground.
- Fixed an issue where Damage and Stun chance were only being calculated on the first attack.
- Jason can no longer block through traps, firecrackers, flare guns, shotguns, and the Police.
- Fixed reliability of perks that spawn items at the start of the match.
- Increased texture resolution on the XB1.
- Fixed the PhD for Murder Achievement/Trophy.
- Improved intro and outro cinematics.
- Fixed player muted states sometimes getting “lost” after level change.
- Can now unready in Private Match even when the countdown is low.
- Fixed a hitch caused by the video settings savegame after signing in or changing those settings.
- Localization added; EFIGS+J+P+R
Are you happy with the new update for Friday the 13th: The Game? How is the game holding up? Let us know in the comments below!