Raid: World War II Takes on a Journey to Kill Hitler and His Third Reich
Raid: World War II is a four-player co-op shooter where you try your best to take down Hitler and his army.
There are a lot of games out here based on World War II, and the majority of them revolve around you taking down Hitler and his regime.
Developer Lion Game Lion four-player co-op shooter title, Raid: World War II, joins this list of games. The title follows British intelligence officer Control and his colleagues as they set out to destroy Hitler and his Third Reich from within. Here is a brief description of the title’s story and features:
RAID: World War II takes place in the midst of a Europe in panic. Nazis aim to establish a New World Order by any means they deem necessary. The war machine seems unstoppable as bullets do little to thwart its onslaught. But sometimes, the best way to stop a war machine is from within.
- Class Based Gameplay – Players choose from four different classes – Recon, Assault, Insurgent, or Demolitions – each with their own highly developed skill tree that allows for various play styles
- War Cries – Each character class can unleash their own powerful War Cry to buff their player or the entire team
- Character Customization – Raid’s four heroes represent the main combatants from the European theater of WWII: Great Britain, USA, Germany, and the Soviet Union. Each character possesses a unique look and a customizable uniform
- Lethal Weapon Modifications – the Second World War was infamous for arming the world with deadly and experimental weapons that went “bang” in lethal fashion. Raid: World War II gives players access to an array of precision killing machines complete with weapons upgrades such as custom barrels, stocks, fore grips, optic sights and much more to satisfy a variety tastes
- Operations Mode – Raid: World War II offers players the opportunity to play through extended versions of their favorite missions by undertaking the “Operations” gameplay mode. Operations challenges players through a chained series of highly modified raids, featuring new storylines, and added content and objectives;
- Challenge Cards – By participating and completing successful raids, players will earn Challenge Cards that allow them tocustomize the rules of a raid in a give-and-take fashion. For example, enemy ammo drops will increase, providing players withmore ammunition to hold enemies at bay; however, the damage inflicted by enemies will be greater;
- Real-World Locations – The game’s setting takes place in real-world locations across war-torn Europe. From mighty m dominating the heart of Berlin, to the idyllic bridge over the Elbe, players will travel through a war-torn Europe and bring destruction to Nazis in every corner of Hitler’s Reich.
Raid: World War II releases on October 10 in North America and October 13 in Europe for PS4 and Xbox One, with the PC version dropping on September 26.