The Long Dark Update 1.03 Fixes Tons of Bugs and Issues
The Long Dark receives a ton of fixes.
The Long Dark is a beautiful survival game, challenging players to survive in its brutal snowy nature, with animals looming around every corner.
The Long Dark released a couple of days ago, and developer Hinterland decided to release a pretty significant update. The update fixes a ton of issues, improves the game’s checkpointing system and general improvements and enhancements. Here is everything update 1.03 brings:
* Added missing translations for Trust dialogue
* Fixed issue with some books disappearing when dropped
* Improvements to checkpointing to help avoid getting into a low-Condition death spiral
* Buffed the Condition-restoration boost when player reloads after Death
* Added a Bedroll to the Cave after the Crash Site in “Survival of the Fittest”. This can be used to Save your Game.
* Removed requirement to drink Rosehip Tea in Survival Bowl; it is now an optional objective
* Fixed issue with Rifle Cleaning Kit disappearing after reloading a save
* Fixed issue with environment geo near the Climbing Park section in Milton
* Fixed various cases where audio could cut out
* Fixed locked controls when throwing a stone and picking up a rabbit at the same time
* Fixed floating necklace when speaking with Grey Mother
* General cinematics polish
* Fixed scrollbar issue when transferring items to NPCs
* Fixed place object shader so objects tint correctly over decals
* Fixed issue with radios playing music when aurora isn’t present
* Fixed save/restore issue that could result in missing loot in scenes when reloading from a checkpoint. This bug was preventing some quests from being completable after reload.
* Fixed issue that could cause player to spawn on top of a campfire in “Survival of the Fittest”. It should now be impossible to place a fire and then spawn on it the following day.
* Memory optimizations to reduce chance of crashing
* Added some more tools in Milton.
* Fixed issue with Wolf AI not fleeing correctly when the player throws a lit Flare, Torch, or Stone at it.
* Fixed issues that preventing the WINTERMUTE soundtrack from playing correctly; you should now hear more music as you explore the world.
* Modified Fire objective on Day 3 of “Survival of the Fittest” to track how long fire has been burning, vs how long it will burn.
* Fixed issue where unlocked Crafting Blueprints could carry over to a New game.
* Fixed issue with Condition tutorial triggering after every death. It will now only trigger once.
* Add some missing subtitles.
* Fixed issue with Map Marker not clearing after retrieving Distress Pistol in “Light Up the Night”.
* Fixed issue with “Echoes of Astrid” objective marker appearing during Grey Mother mission set
* Fixed floating campfire in Milton.
* Fixed issue where looping Wolf “feeding” sounds remained even when the Wolf AI was absent.
* Fixed issue where feeding Wolves could face the player while still playing feeding animation.
* Fixed issue where Wolves would sometimes not go into their Hold Ground AI state when approached with a Flare or Torch.
* Fixed issue with map icon showing up for some Stone spawn regions.
* Fixed issue where player could get stuck on geometry in Milton.
* Added missing audio for picking up Astrid’s Hardcase on Day 4.
* Added additional checkpointing in Ep1 and Ep2.
* Tuned Antiseptic so that one dose is sufficient to treat Infection Risk.
Due to the update’s size and numerous improvements, we will have to revisit the game and experience it after update 1.03 in order to judge it properly for our upcoming impressions piece. Stay tuned.