DOOM Update 6.66 Is Out; Unlocks All DLC For Free
Also a free weekend ahead.
The DLC includes free access to nine maps, three additional weapons, and numerous other content.
When it comes to multiplayer progression, players will now have to complete specific challenges as well as be the right level in order to unlock gear. Players who have taken to the multiplayer since launch will receive a badge indicating ‘veteran status’.
What’s more, id Software is hosting a free weekend for those interesting in trying out the first person-shooter, The free weekend starts on July 20th and ends on July 23rd for Xbox One and Steam players. PS4 players can play on July 27th till July 30th. If you dig the game you can purchase it at its new price of $15.00.
Check out the patch notes for update 6.66 below:
- Fixed an issue where textures appeared to glow on the player’s character.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where players would respawn frozen at the beginning of a Freeze Tag round.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer where parts of the player model appeared transparent in some circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where players would disconnect from a match under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue in Infernal Run where picking up the ball when out of ammo would cause problems with passing or receiving the ball.
- Fixed an issue with the Multiplayer Challenge “Aimbot Hax” where Reaper Longshots would not count towards challenge completion.
- Fixed an issue in Multiplayer with inconsistent power item spawns on Outbreak.
- Added rotate on XYZ axis to the Grab Object manipulate controls
- Added setting to remove network limitation on single player only maps.
- Resolved various freeze and crash bugs.
- Fixed various matchmaking and lobby issues.
- Fixed visual bugs that result from combining specific HUD elements
- Fixed various freezes and crashes with using Campaign Model.
- Fixed coop crash with Bob and Rotate settings.
- Fixed bug that caused AI to run into blocking volumes set to Block Demons and AI Sight.
- Improved collision issues causing AI to partially fall into blocking volumes set to Block Demons.