Star Wars Battlefront 2 Open Beta Kicks Off in October; Maps, Modes, and More Detailed
Pre-order for early access.
EA’s community manager, Jared Petty, took to the PlayStation Blog to announce that the Star Wars Battlefront 2 open beta is scheduled for this October.
To be specific the open beta will launch on October 4 for users who pre-order the game and on October 6 for everyone else. The beta will take place on the map that was showcased at E3 2017, Theed. Players will join the Separatist droid army or the Republic Clones in massive 40 player matches.
Check out more details on the open beta down below:
Galactic Assault on Naboo
- Join the Separatist droid army or the Republic Clones on the streets of Theed in massive 40 player multiplayer melees.
- Choose from four distinct trooper classes:
- Assault troopers are classic flankers, pushing the line forward and advancing the front.
- Heavy troopers use their high-powered weapons and personal body shields to take ground and hold it.
- Officers power up their teammates with buffs and deploy remote weapons to support their allies.
- Specialists lay traps and snipe from a distance.
- Control beloved Star Wars heroes, pilot prequel-era vehicles, and more.
Multiplayer Starfighter Assault
We’re not sharing all the details around this yet, but we can tell you that you’ll be able to take part in an epic starfighter assault set during the original trilogy era, piloting an assortment of Star Wars’ greatest ships in an objective-based, multi-stage battle. You’ll be learning much more about starfighters in Star Wars Battlefront II at gamescom.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 is definitely a must watch game for both avid fans of Star Wars and intense multiplayer focused gamers. From the early look at E3 2017, it seems that EA has made some changes to the game that will benefit it in the long run. To catch up on the latest Battlefront 2 news, click here.
Will you pre-order Star Wars Battlefront 2 to gain access on October 4? Let us know in the comments below!