Take a Look at Overwatch’s Latest Hero Doomfist; Abilities and Origin Story Revealed
Doomfist is currently available to PC players through the PTR update.
Blizzard recently teased Overwatch’s upcoming character in their blog post, and it didn’t take long for Doomfist to be available to the public.
Doomfist is currently available for PC players through the recent PTR update, and the feedback is mostly positive. The latest Play Overwatch blog post invited us to know more of Doomfist’s history as well as his abilities and attacks.
Doomfist’s cybernetics make him a highly-mobile, powerful frontline fighter. In addition to dealing ranged damage with his Hand Cannon, Doomfist can slam the ground, knock enemies into the air and off balance, or charge into the fray with his Rocket Punch. When facing a tightly packed group, Doomfist leaps out of view, then crashes down to earth with a spectacular Meteor Strike.
- Hand Cannon – Doomfist fires a short-range burst from the knuckles of his fist. Its ammunition is automatically regenerated over a short time.
- Seismic Slam – Doomfist leaps forward and smashes into the ground, knocking nearby enemies toward him.
- Rising Uppercut – Doomfist uppercuts enemies in front of him into the air.
- Rocket Punch – After charging up, Doomfist lunges forward and knocks an enemy back, dealing additional damage if they impact a wall.
- The Best Defense… – Doomfist generates temporary personal shields when he deals ability damage.
- Meteor Strike – Doomfist leaps into the sky, then crashes to the ground, dealing significant damage.
Doomfist is planned to be available on consoles in the few coming weeks. Make sure to check out Blizzard’s introduction video below: