Former BioShock Developers Reveal Their Latest Project “City of Brass;” Releases This Fall with Consoles Set for 2018
City of Brass is Uppercut Games’ latest project.
Uppercut Games is a development studio that consists of former veterans and developers who worked for 2K Australia and Irrational Games. The team has experience working on major titles, including BioShock.
The studio’s latest title was recently revealed, and it’s a first-person adventure with rogue-like elements titled City of Brass. City of Brass puts you in the shoes of a thief, where players have to steal, loot and fight their way to the exit as powerful enemies try and stop you. Here is a list of the game’s features:
- Collect treasure to increase your score, plunder chests for weapon and armor upgrades or powerful relics – but make it to the exit in time or face death by dervish…
- Incarcerated within the city, and most are friendly… Some will barter gear, upgrades, secrets, unlocks or protections in return for loot. Use one of three wishes to unlock a powerful benefit, or for a king’s ransom, buy a genie’s freedom in return for help in the final battle.
- When your sword just isn’t enough, get creative: smash your enemies with explosive vases, blind them with a brick to the face, or force them into traps.
- The city is filled with wretched spirits of all flavors, all with unique behaviors, all with the singular character defect that they want to kill you.
- The algorithms that create each level are tweaked to generate a logically laid out cityscape of interconnected chambers, courtyards and corridors.
- The rhythmic interplay of blade and lash has been carefully tuned along with sprinting, crouching, sliding, leaping and vaulting to give a fluid, balanced and natural feel to the movement and melee.
- For the ultimate test, experienced players can encumber themselves with Divine Burdens, global modifiers that change enemy abilities, spawn behaviors or multiply environmental hazards.
- No two playthroughs are ever the same: play, die, and play again, each time using what you’ve learned to get further. Are you tenacious enough to reach the heart of the City of Brass?
City of Brass releases this Fall for PC and some time in 2018 for PS4 and Xbox One.