Starcraft Remastered To Release August 15th
Retailing at $14.99.
Blizzard has announced that it’s remastered of Starcraft is right around the corner, releasing August 15th, 2017.
Arguably on of the most important games in e-sports, Starcraft is just one of those titles that have deserved a re-look considering just how many people still play this iconic title and just how old it is.
In terms of specifics, here is a rundown of what StarCraft: Remastered offers:
- Widescreen UHD support for up to 4K
- New illustrations to “enhance storytelling” in the campaign missions
- “Advanced matchmaking”
- “Full connectivity” to Blizzard’s online network
- Cloud saves for campaign progress, custom-made maps, keybinds, and replays
- Eight new languages in addition to the five that came with the original
“While these improvements will bring StarCraft to the modern era, gameplay and balance have been precisely preserved, for an experience that will feel identical to veteran players,” Blizzard said.
The title will be retailing for $14.99/£12.99/AU$21.95.
StarCraft is a pure distillation of Blizzard’s DNA–its story, its balance, and all the little details reflect our long-running commitment to epic entertainment, and it’s been a staple in competitive gaming and esports for almost 20 years,” Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime said in a statement. “With StarCraft: Remastered, we’re modernizing the original game’s visuals, audio, and online support to ensure that players can enjoy StarCraft for another 20 years and beyond.”