Sony CEO Shawn Layden Says Death Stranding is “Up And Running”
“It actually exists”
Sony’s E3 keynote didn’t feature Death Stranding, Hideo Kojima’s upcoming action title for PlayStation 4. Kojima apologised to fans on Twitter just days before the gaming Mecca opened its doors. But if recent comments from CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment America Shawn Layden are to be believed, not only is the game “up and running”, it’s revolutionary open world action.
Layden confirmed he had played the game in an interview with The Telegraph, but was hesitant to spare any details surrounding gameplay. He did say Death Stranding has been “aided tremendously” ever since Kojima decided to build it on the Decima Engine (also used for Horizon Zero Dawn).
Things we know about Death Stranding so far:
- Despite appearances, it’s not a horror game
- It’s unlike any other game
- The plot is based on something from another world that’s connected to our own
- Mads Mikkelsen’s character isn’t the villain
- It’s coming out before the Tokyo Olympic Games (2020)
Death Stranding was first announced just over a year ago at E3.