ARK: Survival Evolved Update v509 Adds Five New Dinos, New Weapon and More
ARK: Survival Evolved receives update v509 and it adds tons of new content.
Studio Wildcard released update v509 after a short delay. ARK: Survival Evolved update v509 is currently live on all platforms, and is reported to be around 10.22GB in size.
Update v509 adds five new dinosaurs, a new Harpoon Gun weapon, a new gas-powered Motorboat, an interactive toilet, Viking hair and facial hairstyles and the list goes on and on. Here is everything you need to know about the update:
- Per-pixel painting, including Human & Dino Warpaint
- New Weapon: Harpoon Gun (& Tranq Bolts for the Harpoon Gun)
- New Dino: Hyaenodon
- New Dino: Hesperonis
- New Dino: Megatherium
- New Dino: Megalania
- New Dino: Yutyrannus
- New Vehicle: Gas-powered speedy Motorboat
- New Structure: Interactive Toilet
- Viking Hair and Facial Hairstyles
- Memory reductions, texture memory & mesh optimization.
- Tek Projectiles now will not do any damage if they collide with a Structure after 5000 units distance (to balance against Auto-Turrets)
- Achievement set now includes various cosmetics, hairstyles, & emotes unlocked as you get Achievements.
- New client Options to disable giving cosmetics on respawn, and to disable menu music tracks.
- Re-added the ATV vehicle as work-in-progress “easter egg” for singleplayer and custom servers: Blueprint’/Game/PrimalEarth/Vehicles/VH_Buggy/Blueprint/PrimalItemVHBuggy.PrimalItemVHBuggy’
- Fixed various gameplay exploits and edge cases.
- Direwolf now has pack logic with pack buff
- Fixed bug where Alpha Wild creatures were sometimes improperly buffing enemy (tamed) creatures
- Updated various new UI’s to the new style
- 66 new Explorer Notes! (between The Island and ScorchedEarth)
- Ballista/Harpoon Bolt now has significant piercing properties akin to the Composite Arrow
- Redid The Island’s ambient sounds and various gameplay sound effects
- Explorer Notes subtitle option button, Explorer Notes translations are WIP
- Various misc Island map fixes
- Massive update to Primitive+:
- All tamed dinos with projectiles now support “Turret” AI mode
- Official PvE changed to use Offline Raid Protection
- Made Alpha Leeds more common on The Island, and made them give 5 Blubber items rather than just 1. Also made Alpha Megalodon slightly more common.
- Fixed particle systems not appearing at large world coordinates
ARK: Survival Evolved releases fully on August 8.