Prey 1.02 Patch Notes; Downgrades Performance on PS4 Fixes Latency Issues
Happy with the results, or not?
The lateset patch for the Half-life-esque title, Prey, has been released.
While the patch fixes numerous bug issues and perfomance issues. What it seems the patch notes don’t mention is that the game’s performance now appears drop below the previously stable 30fps in certain instances.
This seems to be the case for both PS4 and PS4 Pro as Prey doesn’t offer support for the beefed up PS4 counterpart.
1.02 Patch Notes
- Verson 1.02 Fixes to prevent save games from becoming corrupted.
- Fix also returns corrupted save games to uncorrupted state. Also address additional crashes on on the map loads. Hacking during the Power Plant reboot no longer causes the reboot to not complete.
- Fix to prevent the player from becoming stuck in certain circumstances.
- Nightmares will now always search for the player once spawned.
- Numerous fixes to GLOO to prevent breaking and bypassing collision, prevent corpses from passing through walls and floors.
- Updated the recycling to prevent infinite material creation.
- Fix for occasional combat freeze when attacking Phantoms.
- Kaspar/s objective indicator should no longer disappear.
- Updates to the audio mix to adjust volume of music, audio logs, cutscenes.
- Adjustments to the controls to improve latency.
What are your thoughts on the new Prey patch which seems to have a considerable trade-off for latency fixes? Let us know your thoughts below.
Prey is available now for the PS4, Xbox One and PC.