New Rapid 2D Blood-Soaked Shooter Butcher Receives Launch Trailer and Official Release Date
You have one job and that is murder!
Indie developer Transhuman Design has announced today that their frantic 2D shooter, Butcher, will be releasing tomorrow on both the PS4 and Xbox One.
The game is inspired from cult classics of the blood soaked genre like Quake and DOOM. Without even knowing the developers took inspiration from the legendary titles, you can sense the DOOM-esque feel to the game.
Check out the launch trailer yourself down below:
Thanks to the press release Transhuman Design sent out, we also have some cool info on the game including its main features, story synopsis, etc. You can check them all out down below:
As a cyborg programmed to eradicate the last remains of humanity, your sole purpose is to well… annihilate anything that moves. Grab your weapon of choice (from chainsaw, through shotgun, to grenade launcher) and kill your way through underground hideouts, post-apocalyptic cities, jungles and more. And if you’re feeling creative, there are plenty other ways of ending your enemies’ misery – hooks, lava pits, saws… no death will ever be the same.
BUTCHER’s main features:
- Ultra-violent uncompromising carnage in the spirit of Doom and Quake (chainsaw included).
- Release your inner artist, paint the walls with (permanent) blood (up to 4 million pixels available to be painted per level).
- Use the environment (saws, hooks, lava pits, animals and other) to brutally dispose of your enemies.
- Put your reflex and patience to the ultimate test.
- Choose from an array of weapons (featuring classics like chainsaw, railgun and the deadly grenade launcher).
- Soak in the dark atmosphere reinforced by a wicked, heavy soundtrack (while you kick corpses around).
- Die painfully: melt in lava, become piranha food, get crushed by heavy doors… and more!
Butcher is set to release on both the PS4 and Xbox One tomorrow, May 10.