Outlast 2 Update Rolls out Today on PC, Check out Patch Notes Here
Improves difficulty issues and much more!
Red Barrels has announced via Facebook, that a new update for Outlast 2 is now live PC platforms. The update improves a slew of features for the game but one vital aspect is it adds adjustments to the game’s difficulty.
The update fixes difficulty issues and gives it “more appropriately balanced experience while still maintaining higher levels of challenge on Hard and Nightmare difficulties.” Check out the patch notes down below.
- Microphone no longer uses extra batteries.
- Increased the size of subtitles.
- Fixed an issue on Intel HD 4000 cards where most dynamic lights were missing.
- Fixed an issue where flickering black squares appear in the center of the screen at some specific resolutions.
- Fixed an issue with alternate controller mappings and the camcorder UI.
- Fixed an issue with double doors where one of them is locked.
- Fixed an issue causing lost save games when Steam somehow fails to initialize.
- Fixed some heretic sound effects.
- Fixed multiple minor gameplay issues (collisions, crawling, tutorials, etc.)
- Fixed multiple rare crashes.
- Added a “-refreshrate 60” command-line parameter to specify a preferred refresh rate (replace 60 by the desired refresh rate).
- Added a “-notexturelimit” command-line parameter to remove texture size limits based on VRAM amount.
- Added a “-borderless” command-line parameter to use borderless fullscreen and not have to edit INI files.
- Updated special thanks
As of right now, the patch is only live on the PC, while it will be coming to consoles soon. Outlast 2 is currently available to purchase on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.