Prey Receives a Day One Patch, Here Are the Details
Prey officially releases on all consoles on May 5th.
Although Prey will not be released officially until May 5th, there is already a new patch to download if you happen to have an early copy of the game.
The update fixes bugs, which range from frame rate and crash issues to gameplay problems like grenades exploding upon picking them up. This 1.3 GB update should resolve these pesky issues.
You can now switch all dialogue lines to English, no matter which region your game is originally from. Co-director Raphael Colantonio also said on Twitter recently that the game’s audio, which some players saw as “overbearing” when under threat from enemies has been remixed in the final build of the game.
The full patch notes are below, courtesy of Gadgets360. This list comes for the PlayStation 4 version of the game, so Xbox One and PC versions may receive a slightly different update.
Please note that the patch notes below do contain mild story spoilers.
Prey Day One Update Patch Notes:
- Phantom corpses will now have proper names if they were NPCs that were turned into phantoms.
- Cystoids and Cystoid nests now react appropriately to fast-moving objects.
- Explosive containers will now explode when thrown at technopaths.
- Nightmare will no longer camp objects the player has turned into in front of it.
- Operators can no longer occasionally shoot through walls.
- AI adjusts for difficulty level more effectively.
- Multiple telepaths in an area no longer chain attacks on the player.
- Touching placed grenades while mimicked will no longer cause them to explode.
- Boltcaster can no longer cause zero-damage critical hits.
- Nullwave Transmitter now works on Apex tendrils.
- Technopath can now be hit by sneak attacks with the stun gun.
- Grenades are now affected by lift fields.
- Dropped weapons will now re-equip to favourites wheel when picked up.
- Recycler grenade damage now properly scales with difficulty level.
- Gloo Gun no longer loses functionality after placing too many gloo balls in a level.
- Various Fixes to Mimic Matter ability.
- Player can now open EMP’d doors with their leverage abilities.
- Backlash now properly prevents suit damage while active.
- Player’s attacks will no longer consume Backlash charges.
- Objects targeted by Lift field will be highlighted properly.
- Remote Manipulation can now be used to open most containers.
- Beam Shielding chipset now properly reduces damage from military operators.
- Updated Mimic Detection Gen 2 chipset description to include all mimic types.
- Military operator effects fixed for first-person view.
- Players are now affected by electric floors/water while jumping.
- Telepath will no longer knock player out of the world in Crew Quarters.
- Player will no longer fall out of the world when gravity is restored when they’re upside down.
- Players can now carry destroyed operators properly in Zero-G.
- Hacking minigame will now properly display what object is being hacked in the UI.
- Players can now split stacks when looking at container inventories.
- Various fixes to behaviours when player mimics an operator.
- Localised versions of the game now support switching VO to English.
- Killing Mikhaila with the Q-Beam now only counts as one human killed.
- Quickload loads the most recent save of an type, not just auto-save.
- Addressed several frame rate bugs.
- Addressed several save/load bugs.
- Several crash fixes.
- Various mission and objective marker fixes.
- Various localised text and audio fixes.
- Various SFX fixes.
- Various VFX fixes.