Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Details Confirmed by Game Director
David Vonderhaar’s Twitter has been a goldmine for Black Ops 2 fans. Read on for some of the interesting tweets from Black Ops 2’s game director.
If you're a fan of Call of Duty, chances are you've read the multitude of info that's out now for Black Ops 2. However, if you're still looking to uncover more info before the game's launch, I think it would be wise to keep track of David Vonderhaar's Twitter.
David Vonderhaar, for those doesn't know, is the game director for Black Ops 2. So, whatever info he release on Twitter is definitely the real deal. But what if you don't use Twitter or you havent' been tracking Vonderhaar's profile? Well, here's some of the most relevant info from his feed.
- Black Ops 2 will now have Global Stats leaderboards
- Playlists are no longer gated by levels
- Music volume can now be adjusted
- You cannot have two of the same Scorestreak Rewards unless one is from a Care Package
- For those who didn't choose a secondary for their loadout, you pick up a gun and your primary weapon will still be the same
- Players can set one of the game modes to launch on default (Campaign, Zombie Mode, Multiplayer). Same feature with Black Ops 1
- Black Ops 2 will ship with 14 multiplayer maps (15 if you count the pre-order bonus Nuketown 2025)
- Treyarch has no plans to release Nuketown 2025 for those who haven't pre-ordered
- Domination is round-based with halftime
- Combat recorded stats are in League Play
- You don't need to be in a party to enter League Play matches
- Players can make and store multiple emblems and then "apply" the one you prefer — a fan-requested feature that's now a reality
- Putting emblems and tags on weapons is a reward for weapon prestige
While what's listed above might seem like a lot, keep in mind that other stuff such as: there will be four shotguns in multiplayer, the Ballistic Knife will once again be returning and a few other things didn't make the cut since most people already know about them.
Vonderhaar also mentioned that one of Black Ops 2's biggest new feature — live-streaming matches — will be touched upon more soon.
Satisfied with this most recent info dump? If not, don't worry, as I'm sure there's more Black Ops 2 info that's sure to make its way online before the game's November 13 release date.