Destiny: The Dawning – Here’s A Bunch Of ‘Paper Fortune’ Easter Eggs
On PS4 & Xbox One: The final 2016 weekly reset brings a unique item you can collect daily — the “Paper Fortune”. See what fortunes we’ve found so far.
The final weekly reset in Destiny’s “The Dawning” event includes an all-new chest your Guardian can collect daily. Instead of giving the standard crafting material rewards, you’ll find something called the ‘Paper Fortune’ — and it’s exactly what it sounds like. They’re special fortunes… and at first glance, they don’t really do anything.
Is anything that simple in Destiny? Last year’s Halloween event included seemingly useless raisins that, if you saved them for an entire year, unlocked a very special quest reward. Are we going to get the same thing here? Paper Fortunes currently don’t do anything, but getting rid of them doesn’t do anything either. There’s no reason not to hold onto at least one of these little Easter eggs.
More Destiny: The Dawning event guides:
- Destiny: The Dawning – How to Get Ice Breaker, Void & Thunderlord Exotics
- Destiny: The Dawning – Here’s How To Get Free Exclusive Items Daily
- Destiny: The Dawning – Upgrade Your Ride With These Secret Sparrows
Paper Fortunes Easter Egg Guide
Some Destiny super-fans in the community think the Paper Fortunes might be hinting at content (or story) in Destiny 2. We wouldn’t put it past Bungie, the developers of Destiny — let’s dive deeper into the subject. First, though, here’s exactly how to get a Paper Fortune.
- How to Get a Paper Fortune:
- Go to the present boxes in The Tower (Available Daily) during the period of 12/27-01/02 to collect Paper Fortunes from the ‘Box of Fortunes’.
Thanks to a Destiny Reddit thread, we also have a community aggregate of all the different fortunes available. Your fortune will be randomized, and there are tons of fortunes to collect. Here’s a sampling of self-reported fortunes from that thread. As any Guardian can plainly see, they’re jam-packed with Easter eggs.
- List of Fortunes:
- You will destroy to rebuild
- An unusual amount of engrams will turn into strange coins.
- Your enemies will tremble before you
- Be open to others, your walls will come down.
- Master Rahool will surprise you. Then he will disappoint you.
- You are not alone.
- Shaxx will inevitably shout at you
- Your future is full of Glimmer, engrams, Strange Coins, and legendary Marks
- You warm others in the coldest times
- You will pull off a stunning upset in the Crucible
- You will achieve your aims through cunning and stealth
- Your pockets will overflow with Glimmer
- Listen to the quiet and learn what it has to teach you
- You will fail to impress Eris. But then, so will everyone else
- The Speaker will dream of beautiful and terrible things
- You will gain favor in the eyes of the Vanguard.
- You have much to offer those you meet, and they have much to teach you.
- You will forget to thank your ghost. Again. Sheesh
- The world shivers with the sense of change. Anything is possible
- You will not be forgotten.
- You are not alone. The Tower stands with you. The City stands behind you, cautiously
- You stood by the City in its hour of greatest need, and you will do so again
- When all is lost, you will still be a Guardian, and you will still be enough
- You will demolish your Sparrow at high speed
- Help my name is Cayde and I’m stuck writing fortunes in the Tower
The fortunes that seem to hint at things to come are: “You will destroy to rebuild.” “The world shivers with the sense of change. Anything is possible.” and “When all is lost, you will still be a Guardian, and you will still be enough.” What does it all mean? The fortunes seem to hint that some of the rumored changes in Destiny 2, particularly that your character won’t be able to transfer from Destiny 1. It also hints at the changes incoming for Destiny 2 — instead of accepting quests at the tower, the world will be split into multiple large open-world areas, with their own social areas and NPCs.
Check out our rundown of rumors for Destiny 2 right here for everything we’ve speculated on so far. Until then, enjoy your fortunes, Guardian!
Find even more Destiny: Rise of Iron articles on Gameranx:
- Destiny: Rise of Iron – The Comprehensive Outbreak Prime Exotic Guide
- Destiny: Rise of Iron – The Complete Wrath of the Machine Raid Guide
- Destiny: Rise of Iron – How to Beat All ‘Wrath of the Machine’ Bosses
- Destiny: Rise of Iron – Wrath of the Machine | All Exotic Chest Locations
- Destiny: Rise of Iron – Complete Achievements / Trophies Guide
- Destiny: Rise of Iron – Everything New | Exotics, Artifacts, Trophies & More
- Destiny: Rise of Iron – Dormant SIVA Clusters Locations Guide
- Destiny: Rise of Iron – Play SIVA Crisis Playlist To Earn 350-365+ Light
- Destiny: Rise of Iron – How to Get the Iron Gjallarhorn Exotic | Quest Guide
- Destiny: Rise of Iron – How to Get the Khvostov 7G-0X Exotic | Quest Guide
- Destiny: Rise of Iron – How to Get the Thorn Hand Cannon Exotic | Quest Guide
- Destiny: Rise of Iron – Ghost Fragment Collectibles | Crucible Locations
- Destiny: Rise of Iron – Rank Up at the Crucible Fast | Reputation Farming Guide
- Destiny: Rise of Iron – Increase Your Light Level With These Tips