Pokemon Sun & Moon: Use Amulet Coin & Munchlax to Farm Money Fast
Only on 3DS: Earn tons of extra money per battle using the critical combo of Amulet Coin and Happy Hour in Pokemon Sun and Moon.
With all the clothing items and haircut customization in Pokemon Sun and Moon, there’s never enough cash to go around, especially if you want to collect every optional TM or stay stocked up with the best potions. Luckily, there’s a way to exponentially increase your per battle earnings using an easy-to-miss Amulet Coin.
The Amulet Coin, used in conjunction with Happy Hour, rewards you with quadruple the regular amount you’d earn in battle. That’s a big step-up in the money department, and both the item and the move can be unlocked as early as Akala Island. You won’t even need to get far on Akala to uncover the Amulet Coin, and the Happy Hour ability is available to everyone right from the start of the game. Find all the details below.
Fast Cash Guide – Amulet Coin & Happy Hour Combo
The Amulet Coin is a special held item that will double the amount of money earned after each battle. Happy Hour is a special move that doesn’t do damage, but also doubles the amount of money earned after a battle. Combine the two, and you’re looking at quadruple the normal amount of coins.
Here’s how to get your hands on the item and the special move.
- How to Get the Amulet Coin:
- Akala Island, Paniola Ranch – At the ranch, start at the Nursery building and walk directly right. Look behind the red truck and collect the item there.
- How to Get Happy Hour:
- Mystery Gift – From the Main Menu, select ‘Mystery Gift’ and connect to the Internet. You’ll receive a Munchlax with Happy Hour already memorized. (Mystery Gift ends Jan. 11, 2017)
Have the Amulet Coin equipped and use Happy Hour at any point during the battle and you’ll earn quadruple prize money after every trainer battle.
Find even more Pokemon Sun & Moon guides, how-to’s and tutorials on Gameranx:
- 20 Useful Tips & Tricks Pokemon Sun / Moon Doesn’t Tell You
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 100% Zygarde Guide | Cores & Cells Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: The Best Shiny Pokemon Farming Method
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Efficiently Level Up Poke Pelago
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Find These NPCs For Free Pokemon | Gifts Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All the Daily Events You Won’t Want to Miss
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Easy Way to Raise Happiness | Friendship Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How To Stop Evolutions | No Everstone Required
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Everything You Need to Know About Pikachu
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Get Your Munchlax Mystery Gift & Snorlium-Z Now
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Get Sungaleo / Lunala | Legendaries Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Where to Find New Moves | All TM Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Generation 7 Evolution Requirements Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Learn New Pokeball Throw Styles
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Catch Ditto | Rare Pokemon Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Boost Base Stats Fast | EV Farming Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All Pokemon QR Codes | Complete Gallery
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Evolve | Evolution Stones Locations Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 6 New Features That Change Everything
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Transfer Pokedex | Compatibility Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Z-Crystal Locations | Z-Moves Unlock Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All the Version Exclusive Pokemon | Full List
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Demo Secrets Guide & Special Events Calendar
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Preload Available Now | How to Get 12 Free Quick Balls