Pokemon Sun & Moon: How To Stop Evolutions | No Everstone Required
Only on 3DS: Just what it says on the tin. You don’t need everstones anymore thanks to an incredibly useful new mechanic in Pokemon Sun and Moon.
You heard right. Everstones are not required — if you don’t want a Pokemon to evolve in Pokemon Sun and Moon, all you need to do is hold the B button on your Nintendo 3DS.
Previously, the only way to stop mandatory evolutions that occur at certain levels was to find a rare Everstone, keeping your perfectly pristine Pokemon in their earlier incarnations. Completionists looking to fill up the Pokedex needed to watch their Pokemon carefully and prepare for incoming evolutions. That’s a thing of the past.
How to Stop Pokemon Evolutions
Most Pokemon evolve when they hit a certain minimum level requirement. All your starters and hundreds of other useful Poke-pals escape the confines of a cute first form to become big, brawny warriors. Well, we don’t all want Pikachu to become Raichu. As of Pokemon Sun / Moon, it is super easy to hold off evolution. Here’s how to do it.
- How to Stop Evolutions:
- During the Evolution animation, press and hold [B] to stop the evolution.
- The Pokemon will evolve at the next possible level-up, if all requirements / conditions are met.
It’s just that easy. Everstones were the only way to stop an evolution in previous Pokemon core titles. These rare stones were the anti-Evolutionary Stones. They’re still available in Pokemon Sun / Moon — gain one by defeating Ilima in his house in Hau’oli City. Ilima, the Trial Captain, goes home after you defeat the Melemele Island Kahuna.
Find even more Pokemon Sun & Moon guides, how-to’s and tutorials on Gameranx:
- 20 Useful Tips & Tricks Pokemon Sun / Moon Doesn’t Tell You
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 100% Zygarde Guide | Cores & Cells Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: The Best Shiny Pokemon Farming Method
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Efficiently Level Up Poke Pelago
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Find These NPCs For Free Pokemon | Gifts Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All the Daily Events You Won’t Want to Miss
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Easy Way to Raise Happiness | Friendship Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Everything You Need to Know About Pikachu
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Get Your Munchlax Mystery Gift & Snorlium-Z Now
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Get Sungaleo / Lunala | Legendaries Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Where to Find New Moves | All TM Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Generation 7 Evolution Requirements Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Learn New Pokeball Throw Styles
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Catch Ditto | Rare Pokemon Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Boost Base Stats Fast | EV Farming Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All Pokemon QR Codes | Complete Gallery
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Evolve | Evolution Stones Locations Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 6 New Features That Change Everything
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Transfer Pokedex | Compatibility Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Z-Crystal Locations | Z-Moves Unlock Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All the Version Exclusive Pokemon | Full List
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Demo Secrets Guide & Special Events Calendar
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Preload Available Now | How to Get 12 Free Quick Balls