Dishonored 2: All Audiographs & Journals | ‘Royal Spymaster’ Guide
On PC, PS4 & Xbox One: Become a ‘Royal Spymaster’ with all the audiograph and journal locations in Dishonored 2.
The city of Karnaka is littered with journals and audiographs that expose the lurid backstory behind the characters and events of Dishonored 2, and finding them all will net you the ‘Royal Spymaster’ achievement / trophy. Oddly, not every note in the game counts as a “journal” — only specific pages fit the category, so there’s no need to track down every single hidden message in the game.
Audiographs tend to be the juicier story-tellers anyway. These tall type-writer devices replay audio, and some will change with the story, but the locations remain the same. It might be worthwhile to check out audiographs again on subsequent playthroughs. The fate of Jindosh and other plot-critical characters are exposed in (slightly!) more detail. Check out all the locations below.
All Audiographs & Journals | ‘Royal Spymaster’ Guide
This achievement / trophy is only related to audiographs and journals found on the Dreadful Wale inbetween story missions. This achievement can be earned whether you kill / spare each target. The items that appear when sparing a target are optional.
Mission 2: Dreadful Wale
- Journal #1: Found on the desk to the left of the logbook in Corvo / Emily’s room.
- Journal #2: Pinned to the wall as you exit your room. Can’t be missed.
- Journal #3: Directly after exited your room, find this journal on a wooden stool with a hammer and lamp.
- Journal #4: Go down into the engine room. Hug the left wall and find the note in the alcove.
- Journal #5: The book on small desk near the window in the briefing room where Foster is waiting. Turn right as you enter, the desk is past the open doorway.
- Journal #6: The newspaper on the table, right next to where Foster is sitting.
- Journal #7: On the endtable in the back right corner of the briefing room, near a couch covered in white linen.
- Journal #8: Go through the back door of the briefing room. In this storage area, look on the crate to the right as you enter. On the same crate with the red / blue potions.
- Journal #9: On the same crate, left side.
- Audiograph #1: On the desk in the storage area / workshop behind the briefing room where Foster is waiting.
- Journal #10: On the covered furniture to the left of the audiograph desk.
- Journal #11: From the briefing room entrance, exit through the window on the right, and move right to another open window. Drop into the boarded-up room. There’s a book on the cases of bottles.
- Journal #12: Book on the table next to the bed in the wheelhouse upstairs from the briefing room.
- Journal #13: On the main desk of the ship, look between the two short stairs to the forward section of the ship. The book is on a brown piece of luggage.
Mission 4: Dreadful Wale
- Journal #14: Leaving your room, find the first journal page on the small wooden cart down the hall, right in front of you.
- Journal #15: On the console in the back-left corner of the engine room, behind the leaky pipes.
- Journal #16: On the small table with the plate directly right as you enter the briefing room. Foster won’t appear inside the briefing room this time.
- Journal #17: A book on a canvas-covered barrel found between the briefing room mission board and the painting of Delilah.
- Journal #18: In the room at the back of the briefing room, look on the wooden shelf to the right as you enter.
- Audiograph #2: Same location as Mission 2, this audiograph hasn’t moved but features a new message. On the desk in the back of the briefing room, next to the aquarium.
- Journal #19: On the bed to the left of the audiograph.
- Journal #20: On the wall-mounted shelf above the bed on the left wall of the backroom.
- Journal #21: Find an open book on the table next to the bed in the captain’s wheelhouse at the top of the stairs.
Mission 5: Dreadful Wale
- Journal #22: On the small table attached to the wall directly right as you enter the briefing room where Sokolov and Foster are waiting.
- Journal #23: Found on the same table as the previous page.
- Journal #24: Hidden in an alcove behind the briefing room board. Look between the storage shelves.
- Journal #25: On the canvas-covered barrel between the briefing room board and the painting of Delilah.
- Journal #26: Another book is found right next to the painting of Delilah in the briefing room.
- Journal #27: In the bedroom at the back of the briefing room, turn right and look on the shelf just as you enter.
- Journal #28: On the bed in the same room.
- Journal #29: Same room — on the wall-mounted shelf, on the left wall as you enter.
- Journal #30: On the bed in the wheelhouse at the top of the stairs.
Mission 6: Dreadful Wale
- Journal #31: Note found in the washroom next to the stairs leading down into the engine room.
- Journal #32: On the large worktable behind Sokolov in the briefing room.
- Journal #33: Found on the bed in the bedroom through the far door at the back of the briefing room.
- Audiograph #3: Located on the table next to the bed in the wheelhouse at the top of the stairs.
Mission 8: Dreadful Wale
- Journal #34: On the chair to the left of your logbook desk, in Emily / Corvo’s room.
- Journal #35: Found on the table in the briefing room, opposite the big board.
- Audiograph #4: Go to the bed chamber through the door in the back of the briefing room. The audiograph is on the floor, behind the crates on the right.
- Audiograph #5: At the top of the stairs, on the table next to the bed in the wheelhouse.
Mission 9: Dreadful Wale
- Audiograph #6: In the briefing room, look on the desk to the right of the back door that leads into the makeshift bed chamber.
- Journal #36: On the large worktable with the vice, located behind Sokolov in the briefing room.
- Journal #37: Next to the bed in the wheelhouse, at the top of the stairs.
- Audiograph #7: Found inside Foster’s cabin, to the left as you enter the briefing room.
- Gain the key by pickpocketing Foster where she’s waiting to speak with Corvo / Emily.
- Journal #38: On the desk next to the audiograph in Foster’s cabin.
Find more Dishonored 2 guides, collectible locations, and quest walkthroughs on Gameranx:
- Dishonored 2: How to Open Every Safe | Combinations & Keys Guide
- Dishonored 2: All Ship Decoration Locations | ‘Souvenirs’ Guide
- Dishonored 2: How to Rob Every Black Market | Easy Cash & Free Items
- Dishonored 2: Weapon & Gadget Blueprints Locations | Upgrades Guide
- Dishonored 2: Rune & Bonecharm Locations | Upgrades Guide
- Dishonored 2: Painting Locations | Collectibles Guide
- Dishonored 2: All Side Missions Guide | Optional Quest Walkthroughs
- Dishonored 2: How to Solve the Jindosh Lock Puzzle | Eureka Guide
- Dishonored 2: How to Fix FPS Drops | PC Optimization Guide
- Dishonored 2: How to Rob the Black Market | ‘Black Market Burglar’ Guide