Dishonored 2: How to Rob Every Black Market | Easy Cash & Free Items
On PC, PS4 & Xbox One: Pull off the perfect heist four times in a row with our step-by-step solutions to help you rob all the Black Markets of Karnaca.
Most of the missions in Dishonored 2 that start in the streets of Karnaca feature a Black Market vendor. These vagabonds trade gold for weapons, upgrades, and other invaluable items — keys to locked doors, intelligence reports, or runes. You can get all their stock for free, and raid the back room of their store for lots of extra cash and bonus items, by breaking inside and robbing the place blind.
Each robbery has a different set of requirements. We’re going to break down those requirements and make them as simple as possible. Here’s exactly what you need to do if you want to rob every single Black Market in Dishonored 2.
We previously covered how to rob the very first Black Market on Gameranx, but for completion’s sake, we’re going to include instructions for that here too.
How to Rob Every Black Market
[NOTE: Before robbing the Black Market, purchase any upgrades you might want from the shop menu. Upgrades can’t be stolen — you’ll have to pay up to get weapon / gear improvements.]
Mission 2: Edge of the World
To rob the Black Market in Mission 2, you’ll need the backroom key. The path to the back room is behind the vendor storefront, in an alleyway.
- Black Market Key Location:
- The key is found in a condemned, infected bloodfly building across the rooftop where Mindy Blanchard will give Emily / Corvo a mission.
- Go inside and take the stairs up, crawl through the missing section of wall, and go to the piano. Climb onto the shelf blocking the door to the left of the piano.
- Continue up more stairs to find an infected room. Clear the area of flies and smash the aquarium in the back to find this hidden black market key.
Now all you have to do is return to the Black Market’s back door and you’re in. Interact with the metal sheets covering the shelves to open them and take everything that’s for sale — including a rune.
Mission 4: The Clockwork Mansion
To bust into this Black Market, you’ll need some extra explosive charge to break through the brick wall in the adjacent basement. Find the apartment building near the beggar, past the Black Market stairs — there’s a locked metal gate blocking the way inside.
- How to Get Through the Locked Apartment Gate:
- To the left of the Black Market, there’s an alley with black pipes. Climb up these pipes until you reach the balconies. Cross the balconies / awnings with Far Reach or Blink.
- Continue up and across to reach an open door on the upper level balcony. Fight down through the bloodfly infestation to reach the basement — there’s a spare key down there.
In the basement, you’ll find two crooks planning to blow a hole in the brick wall. They only have two whale oil canisters and need a third. Take care of these two, then look for another whale oil canister.
- Where to Get the Third Whale Oil Canister
- Disable the Wall of Light in the Station and knock-out / kill all the guards in the street. When you’re clear, use the Whale Oil dispenser on the left wall of the first floor station.
- Use the dispenser to get a canister, plug the canister into the dispenser, and turn the wheel to fill it. You now have the third whale oil canister required.
Take the whale oil and set it down next to the other two canisters in the apartment basement. Blow all three up and you’ll be able to get inside. If you don’t use three, the wall will not break.
Mission 5: The Royal Conservatory
The Black Market is near the start of the mission, but getting inside to rob them is tricky. Here’s what you’ll have to do.
- How to Get Inside the Black Market:
- Turn right and look in the window as you enter the Black Market room. There’s a red chain in the back-right corner visible through the window. Shoot it with an arrow to break the chain — this opens up a hatch from the waterway.
- Next, grab the crank-wheel leaning against the back wall, opposite the vendor. Take the wheel down to the red pole near the canal gate, beneath the vendor where the ship is idle in the water.
- Attach the wheel and turn it — now you can access the chain and climb up into the market.
This is an especially tricky one, but if you know what to do, it’s a cinch. Just make sure you complete the side-mission for the shopkeep first if things get violent.
Mission 6: The Dust District
Find the Black Market on Valia Street in Neutral Territory. Getting inside to rob the place requires a passcode — and getting the code to the door is a little complicated. The back door is found on the first floor of the apartment stairwell left of the vendor.
- How to Get the Black Market Door Code
- First, you’ll need to break into the vendor’s apartment. To do that, slide under the hole in the brick wall to the right of the black market.
- Enter the alley and look through the barred winndows. The door inside is shut with wood planks — shoot them to unlock the door.
- To find the code, look at the calendar in the apartment.
- The first number is always 4.
- The second and third number is circled in red on the fourth row.
- Example: In our instance, that number is “28”
Go to the locked door beneath the apartment and input the code to rob this market blind.
Mission 8: The Grand Palace
You’ll need multiple items to crack the code and break into this secure Black Market. Start by finding the Winslow Lock Shoppe on the streets out from the canal. The goal here is to uncover the secret password and trick your way inside the market.
- How to Get Inside the Black Market
- Get the gate code memo from the back-left corner of the Winslow Lock shoppe.
- Use the code to open the back gate around the back-right outside the store.
- Steal or loot the Delivery Boat Key from the woman on the balcony up the steps.
- Return to the beach and unlock the cargo hold to enter the ship on the shore.
- Inside the ship, use the audiograph machine.
- Return to the area where you took the Delivery Woman’s key and knock on the door. Give the response and the door will open.
Once the door is open, you’re free to pillage whatever you want.
Mission 9: Death to the Empress
Back in Dunwall, things don’t look too great on the streets. Still, there’s a Black Market open you can rob for fun and profit. Follow these steps to get the gate key and get inside.
- How to Get the Gate Key
- Near the Courier, find a mostly-blocked alleyway filled with crates. Climb up and through the small opening. Right ahead, there’s a bookshelf with a lamp and a few bottles — smash the bottles next to the lamp to find the Common Key.
Go to the locked metal gate near the water and unlock it to get inside the final black market.
Find more Dishonored 2 guides, collectible locations, and quest walkthroughs on Gameranx:
- Dishonored 2: How to Open Every Safe | Combinations & Keys Guide
- Dishonored 2: All Audiographs & Journals | ‘Royal Spymaster’ Guide
- Dishonored 2: All Ship Decoration Locations | ‘Souvenirs’ Guide
- Dishonored 2: Weapon & Gadget Blueprints Locations | Upgrades Guide
- Dishonored 2: Rune & Bonecharm Locations | Upgrades Guide
- Dishonored 2: Painting Locations | Collectibles Guide
- Dishonored 2: All Side Missions Guide | Optional Quest Walkthroughs
- Dishonored 2: How to Solve the Jindosh Lock Puzzle | Eureka Guide
- Dishonored 2: How to Fix FPS Drops | PC Optimization Guide
- Dishonored 2: How to Rob the Black Market | ‘Black Market Burglar’ Guide