Gears of War 4: Complete Collectibles Guide | All 50 Locations
On PC & Xbox One: Find every COG and collectible to earn “The Completist” achievement on our complete guide with all 50 locations in one easy-to-browse article.
These collectibles don’t exactly unlock anything special, but they give players a good reason to go through the campaign a second time, and add an extra layer of challenge if you’re replaying the story on harder difficulties. Whatever your personal reason for being here, you’ll find the locations listed below from beginning to end.
Even more Gears of War 4 secrets, extras, and unlockables:
- Gears of War 4: All the Easter Eggs We’ve Found (So Far)
- Gears of War 4: How to Get the “Despicable You” Freeze Gun
- Gears of War 4: How to Get the “Dom’s Toms” Tomato Grenades
Complete Collectibles Guide | All 50 Locations
This guide will show you how to acquire all 50 Gears of War 4 collectibles. There are 40 collectibles and 10 COG Tags in total. Getting all the COG Tags will unlock the “Remember the Fallen” achievement, while earning the 40 collectibles nets you “The Completist” achievement.
Collectibles often reveal interesting tidbits on the backstory and history of Sera, the planet Fenix and pals inhabit in their struggle against the Locust — and now the Swarm.
The collectibles listed below are in order. To get them all, simply follow along from the start and you should have no problem finding them all.
Act 1 – All Collectibles & COG Tags
Act 1 features 3 Cog Tags and 14 collectibles.
- Collectible #1: UIR Security Report
- Location: After throwing a grenade into Bunker 1, cross over and your allies will exit Bunker 2. Look on the desk in Bunker 2 to find your first collectible.
- COG Tag #1: T. Thubron
- Location: Continue down from the Bunker 2 interior to the stairs. Backtrack slightly down the path your allies used to reach the base, and look left at the bottom of the steps where several black/yellow tank barriers wall off the area. There’s a dead soldier hear with the first Cog Tag.
- Collectible #2: UIR Anti-COG Pamphlet
- Location: Through the massive bunker doors that close behind you, you’ll enter another combat zone. Just as you step outside from the tunnel, look in the back-right corner for a propaganda poster.
- Collectible #3: Jacinto Herald
- Location: Moving on, you’ll reach a city street encounter with a Corpser. Enter the small security station on the left side of the street near the Corpser’s position to grab the newspaper inside.
- COG Tag #2: G. Wagner
- Location: To find this body, go up the steps of the government building to the right of the Corpser. Pass the van with the Hammer of Dawn and look behind the large pillars — check the left-most corner when moving up the steps to find a fallen soldier with this tag.
- Collectible #4: Bernie’s Last Will and Testament
- Location: Switching to the the burnt-out interior with the ruined vehicle, you’ll need to climb a ladder to continue forward. Instead of doing that, check the desk to the right of the waist-high sand bags.
- COG Tag #3: J. Beckman
- Location: In the same area as the previous collectible, look behind the destroyed (and still burning) vehicle to find the third Cog Tag.
1-1: The Raid
- Collectible #5: Rubble Reclamation Manifest
- Location: When you encounter the massive storm, you’ll get an objective to “Get Behind the Crane” — just as you knock down the barrier to the crane’s area, look to the right of the fallen gate — there are two crates and a concrete wall hiding a document before you step onto the ramp. Get too close to the crane, and you won’t be able to backtrack.
- Collectible #6: Shepherd Protection Pamphlet
- Location: In the under-construction city, you’ll pass by a giant constructor robot that mounts a window into place. Continue into the next room and pass the red robot — in the back-left corner, there’s another collectible to find.
- Collectible #7: Settlement 5 Resident Assignment List
- Location: Once you reach the ground-level streets of the modular settlement, look for a building at the street corner marked with a sign that reads “Dalyell Ave” — go inside and look for the side-room storage area. The collectible is on the shelf directly right of the interior door.
- Collectible #8: COG Birthing Pamphlet
- Location: Later, you’ll enter a hospital maternity ward. As you pass by a tall window with a view of the city center on the second floor, you’ll move though a room filled with empty cribs. Just as you leave, look on the table in the seating area.
- Collectible #9: Windflare Lockdown Procedure
- Location: Once you leave the hospital, you’ll enter the city center square and encounter tons of DB robots. From the hospital exit, turn left and head up the first set of steps on your left. There’s a large stonework building with the final collectible mounted on the wall to the right of the wooden double doors.
1-2: In and Out
- Collectible #10: DBi Schematics
- Location: In the factory room with the Fabricator, look on the left side for a glowing green computer screen. That’s the collectible for this stage.
1-3: New Friends
- Collectible #11: Shepherd Safety Pamphlet
- Location: When you reach the statue courtyard, take the steps down and left to find a collectible on the small bench against the back wall.
1-4: A Few Snags
- Collectible #12: Village Windflare Lockdown Procedure
- Location: Check the metal girder pillar to the left of the Townhall sign in the settlement proper.
- Collectible #13: Book Inscribed to Kait
- Location: Return to the entrance you arrived at the settlement through. Backtrack from the Townhall, across the bridge, past the bails of wheat, and look left for some stone steps leading up to a landing with a chair. The collectible is on the ground next to the chair.
- Collectible #14: Village Mare Breeding Record
- Location: Close to the village gate, look for a garden with lots of crops growing. Go up the steps at the back of the garden to find this collectible near a chair, sitting next to piles of fire wood.
Act 2 – All Collectibles & COG Tags
Act 2 features 0 COG Tags and 8 collectibles.
2-1: The Prodigal Son
- Collectible #15: Anya’s Favorite Flower
- Location: At the start of the chapter, don’t immediately go toward the door and kick it down. Instead, check out the cemetary gate to the right. There’s a potted flower you can collect here.
- Collectible #16: JD’s Sixth Birthday Present
- Location: Enter the large compound through the gate. There’s a building on the right (opposite the mansion) with a small maintenance shed attached. As you step through the gate, look right and check behind that shed to find this hidden collectible.
- Collectible #17: COG Military Academy Acceptance Letter
- Location: Once you enter the mansion proper, look to the back-left room on the ground floor to find a collectible on the dresser. This is the room near the stairs leading down.
2-2: Geared Up
- Collectible #18: Photo of JD and Anya
- Location: When a chopper has your team cornered in the mansion upper floor, turn around and enter the room with the fireplace on the right. There’s a collectible on the ground near the fireplace.
- Collectible #19: House Plans
- Location: After escaping an encounter and ducking into the basement, avoiding the collapsing debris that blocks the steps, continue into the room filled with extra guns. The collectible is on the workbench in the left side of the room.
- Collectible #20: Old Bottle of Wine
- Location: At the burning wreckage of the Winery, look behind the waist-high crates on the left (facing the burning winery) to get an old bottle collectible.
2-3: Plan B
- Collectible #21: The New Ephyran
- Location: During the storm, you’ll get the choice to take a left or right path while fighting DBs. If you choose the right path, turn further right and look behind you to find this collectible near an old red tracter.
- Collectible #22: JD’s Old Toy Figurine
- Location: In the same area where you can select a left / right path, this collectible is found near the end of the left path. There’s an old truck near the end of the left-hand path. In this rusted-out wreck, look on the truck bed to find this act’s last collectible.
Act 3 – All Collectibles & COG Tags
Act 3 features 3 COG Tags and 11 collectibles.
3-1: Almost Midnight
- Collectible #23: COG ID Bracelet
- Location: Early in the chapter, pass by the ruined cars and look down the street for a red building with an archway. Look in the bushes to the left of this building to find a small alcove with a very well hidden collectible on the ground.
- Collectible #24: Ancient Book
- Location: Entering the interior, you’ll face a big gross pod growth in the corner of the building. You’ll turn right to continue further — go to the end of this hallway to find a glowing collectible book on the shelf along with lots of other stacked books.
3-2: Night Terrors
- Collectible #25: Medical Supplies Status Form
- Location: Passing through the stable covered in infections, stop before interacting with the fallen statue blocking the way into the house. Turn left to find a pile of glowing collectible papers on the crate near the ruined greenhouse.
- COG Tag #4: D. Nunez
- Location: As you exit the house and step onto the balcony, a Snatcher will appear on the yellow building’s rooftop. Turn right here and look for the COG tag near the body hanging over the low wall.
- Collectible #26: Tourist Map of Fort Reval
- Location: Reaching the statue courtyard, look on a bench on the left behind the arches to get this tourist map.
3-3: At the Doorstep
- Collectible #27: King Figurine Souvenir
- Location: In the upper level of the station, go to the objective door but don’t open it yet. Instead, vault over the lower cover and circle around up to the seating area with this figurine collectible.
- Collectible #28: Evacuation Procedures
- Location: Entering the large battlefield with snipers and torque bow enemies, stick to the left side to enter a stone interior. There’s a poster on the wall to the left as you enter.
- Collectible #29: Fort Reval Military Museum Pamphlet
- Location: Moving toward the museum, you’ll encounter a turret down an alley. Stop and head up the stairs on your left before entering the turret area — up the steps, there’s a small room with a Longshot and a collectible.
- COG Tag #5: W. Owen
- Location: Going up and into an interior room with covered furniture and supplies, look in the back right corner of the room for a cell with a dead soldier inside. Vault over the crates to get inside and grab this dog tag.
3-4: Do Not Go Gentle
- COG Tag #6: A. Josefson
- Location: Dropping down through the hole in the floor surrounded by hive tentacles. Now that you’re in the catacomb, turn right and up the steps to grab this COG tag.
- Collectible #30: Silver Age Dagger
- Location: In the catacombs, you’ll enter a room filled with pods. The room exits to the left to a door — don’t go that way, instead look on the catacomb cover in the back-left corner to find this dagger collectible among the urns.
3-5: Elevator to Hell
- Collectible #31: Ephyran Tribune
- Location: Inside the large transporter, go up the stairs in the center of the unit. There’s a restroom connected to the kitchen with this collectible newspaper.
- Collectible #32: Locust Shell Crystal
- Location: While progressing through the mining site, you’ll encounter a massive crystal on the walkways. There’s a collectible at this crystal. It’s very hard to miss.
- Collectible #33: Mine Scavenger List
- Location: Deal with the Pouncers in the mines and burst through the double doors in the back-right of the passage. You’ll exit into a room filled with extra Hammer Burst ammo and tons of guns in cargo containers. To the left of the usable guns, there’s a small space where you can take a paper up off the ground.
Act 4 – All Collectibles & COG Tags
Act 4 features 3 COG Tags and 4 collectibles.
4-1: Get Out
- Collectible #34: Locust Shell Disposal Form
- Location: At the “C” zone of the mining operation with a view of the wider cavern on your left, and multiple rusty girders, look behind the rocks on the tracks of the wrecked bridge. Next to the minecart near the ledge, there’s a collectible to grab.
4-2: No Detours
- COG Tag #7: K. Rush
- Location: Right at the start, follow the path with the massive wheel on the right. Pass the smaller wheel on the left to find a dead body carrying a set of COG tags.
4-3: Knock Knock
- Collectible #35: COG Orders
- Location: At the gates to Tollen Dam, cross the entranceway and enter the first door on your left. There’s a ground floor control room. Look near the blue barrels, up the steps, to get this chapter’s only collectible.
- COG Tag #8: P. Woods
- Location: Passing through a creepy industrial hallway, you’ll step through a door and see a broken window on your left. Enter this control room and look behind the central control device to find a dead soldier with this set of COG tags.
- Collectible #36: Rations Schedule for Abandoned Gears
- Location: After clearing the area with the giant automated chains, enter the rooms ahead but don’t go through the red door. Instead, turn left and look behind the wooden crates to get this collectible.
4-5: Storm Warning
- COG Tag #9: E. Yates
- Location: Returning to the indoors, look in the sideroom on your right of the interior hallway. There’s an office with a dead guy at the desk.
- Collectible #37: Letter
- Location: After destroying the generator and opening the door into a room with two spinning turbines, enter the back-left control room door. There’s a path that leads to another room blocked by sandbags on your right. Vault over the sandbags and find the letter near the dead soldier.
Act 5 – All Collectibles & Cog Tags
Act 5 features 1 Cog Tag and 3 collectibles.
- COG Tag #10: H. Pham
- Location: Entering the statue courtyard, look for a path on the right. Head up the alley to find a dead soldier in the door jam. This is the last COG tag and will unlock the “Remember the Fallen” achievement.
- Collectible #38: Work Stoppage Order
- Location: As you reach the infested COG garage, run to the back-right room. There’s a control room here with this chapter’s last collectible.
5-2: Killing Time
- Collectible #39: Speyer Scavenger List
- Location: Eventually, you’ll walk over a plank of wood and drop out a building to reach an exterior street. Go under the arch ahead (one is blocked by a wrecked vehicle) and head through the open doors on the right. There’s a workshop with this note.
- Collectible #40: Reyna’s Necklace
- Location: This collectible can’t be missed. You’ll automatically get this by completing the campaign.
Check out the individual Gears of War 4 guides for screenshots:
- Gears of War 4: Act 1 – All Collectibles & COG Tags Locations Guide
- Gears of War 4: Act 2 – All Collectibles & COG Tags Locations Guide
- Gears of War 4: Act 3 – All Collectibles & COG Tags Locations Guide
- Gears of War 4: Act 4 – All Collectibles & COG Tags Locations Guide
- Gears of War 4: Act 5 – All Collectibles & COG Tags Locations Guide