Black Ops 3: Revelations – How to Unlock Takeo’s Katana | Secret Weapon
On PC, PS4 & Xbox One: Slice and dice zombies with the ultimate weapon of Revelations. Learn how to unlock Takeo’s crazy katana.
Only Call of Duty: Zombies maniacs need apply here, because only a select few will get the chance to wield Takeo’s unique katana melee weapon in Revelations. If you’re counting, this makes the katana the fifth and final bonus melee weapon, all available for purchase on the special-weapon wall-buy panel at the top of the steps in Shangri-La. There’s only one way to unlock this weapon, and it involves a strange wisp in the opening area of this mash-up DLC map.
Takeo (and his cool katana) first appeared all the way back in World At War, and continued to pop-up in almost every DLC map in the main Zombies series. Now we get to wield Takeo’s katana — and any playable character can grab it for a smooth 500 points. It’s just getting there that’s the problem.
Don’t miss out on our complete Gorod Krovi survival guide for everything related to the penultimate Black Ops 3 Zombies map, including the full Easter egg tutorial.
Find even more Revelations DLC secrets, solutions, and Easter egg info:
- Black Ops 3: Revelations – How to Turn on the Power
- Black Ops 3: Revelations – How to Unlock the Pack-A-Punch
- Black Ops 3: Revelations – How to Unlock Bonus Melee Weapons
- Black Ops 3: Revelations – How to Unlock the Weapon Switch Table & Tommy Gun
- Black Ops 3: Revelations – All Hat Locations | Wardrobe Change Guide
- Black Ops 3: Revelations – Hear All the Easter Egg Songs With This Radio
How to Unlock Takeo’s Katana | Secret Weapon
This insane melee weapon can one-hit kill enemies into the high round digits, going far beyond the normal melee weapons available to unlock in Revelations. Getting your hands on this sword won’t happen until very far into the main Easter egg — not until after collecting the third reel.
- Where to Find Takeo’s Katana:
- Like any of the other bonus melee weapons, Takeo’s katana appears on the board at the top of the temple in the Shangri-La area. Look on the right — there’s a wall-buy board available before entering the Der Eisendrache area.
- All bonus melee weapons, including this word, cost 500 points to purchase.
- Melee bonus weapons take up one weapon slot. Using your melee attack automatically switches to your bonus melee weapon.
To unlock Takeo’s katana, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Collect the mysterious wisp. It is located on the truck’s headlights in the Spawn-Area.
- This wisp will only appear if you’ve completed all of the Black Ops 3 Zombies map Easter eggs.
- Easter Egg Map Completion Requirements: Shadows of Evil, The Giant, Der Eisendrache, Zetsuobo No Shima, Gorod Krovi
- Follow the main Easter egg until you summon S.O.P.H.I.A. and reactivate the teleporter in Kino Der Toten.
- To get that far, check out Steps 1-6 of our Complete Black Ops 3 Revelations Easter Eggs Guide.
- Enter the teleporter in Kino Der Toten to enter Samantha’s Room in The House.
- DO NOT collect the Kronorium yet. Taking the Kronorium will instantly kick you from the house.
- Instead, interact with the “Mystery Box” — a toy box with a lock symbol on the front.
- The Wisp will fly into the box.
- Now all Mystery Box weapons will be Pack-A-Punch’d already. Takeo’s katana will also spawn in the Shangri-La temple wall-buy board!
That’s totally nuts, but this reward is reserved for only the most dedicated Zombies players. The developers at Treyarch thank you with this powerful (and nostalgic!) special melee weapon.