Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Earn Infinite Cash With Weapon Dupes
On PC, PS4 & Xbox One: Take advantage of respawning weapons with this weird little exploit, allowing just about anyone to milk money out of NPCs.
Farming cash is possible in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, even if it’s an arduous and time-consuming process. This isn’t exactly a glitch, unlike that Praxis Kit duplication exploit that’s apparently been squashed server-side — no, this method just takes advantage of in-game quirks. If you’re looking for a little extra cash and want to know how to earn more, even if you’re out of missions and buildings to scrounge through, then check out the step-by-step instructions below.
Here’s the basics of this particular exploit; when an enemy is knocked out, they can be revived by any nearby guard. If their weapons are gone, the newly-awake guard will magically get a replacement weapon. That’s the basic method for earning an unlimited supply of cash — knocking out guards, collecting their weapons, then alerting another guard to wake everyone up. Sounds insane? Well… yeah. It kind of is.
Check out more Deus Ex: Mankind Divided guides, Easter eggs and extras:
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Easter Eggs & References Guide
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Security Codes & Passwords List
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Free & Rare Weapons Locations
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – All Praxis Kits Locations Guide
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – All Debate / Conversation Solutions
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – PC Performance Tweaks & Fixes
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – All Side-Quest Starter Locations
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – How to Win the Talos Rucker Debate
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Triangle Codes Collectibles Guide
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – eBooks Collectible Locations Guide
Unlimited Cash Farming Exploit
This exploit was tested on the PS4 release of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Version 1.02.
Want an unlimited supply of petty cash? This method won’t exactly break the bank, you’ll only earn cash from selling duplicate weapons to NPC vendors. That’s money in the 100’s — work hard at it, and you can earn plenty more, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
To get a bottomless supply of re-sale ready weapons, you’ll first need a few augmentations. This exploit can be done after completing the opening Dubai mission and after Adam Jensen sees Koller in his Prague workshop.
- Quicksilver Reflex Booster [Required]
- Glass-Shield Cloaking [Optional]
The Reflex Booster will help immensely. You can knock out only one guard, but knocking out two (for free!) without having to expend valuable non-lethal ammo is absolutely going to net you more cash in the long-run.
Glass-Shield Cloaking will help you escape situations much easier. You’ll always need at least one guard alive to find his friends, so keeping the Cloaking augmentation ready will help.
Cash Farming – Step-By-Step
Cash farming involves: non-lethal takedown of guards, collecting weapons, then allowing a third guard to revive the two unconscious guards. As an example, we’ll use Tar’s apartment located in the Poor Apartments section of southern Prague. This apartment is a black market store located one floor down from Adam Jensen’s home.
- In Tar’s apartment, close the door. Two non-hostile NPCs are located inside the apartment, with a third waiting outside. Don’t attract the third guard.
- Wait for the two NPCs to stand close to each other. The guard will patrol to / from the restroom. You can initiate a double-takedown as he passes Tar.
- Take one weapon off the floor. WARNING: Collecting multiple weapons will ‘merge’ the weapon, deleting multiples. You’ll need to collect just one.
- With the weapon in your inventory, move to another nearby location, and drop the weapon on the ground.
- Go collect the second weapon off the second unconscious NPC. Drop the weapon next to the first. The goal here is that you’ll collect a pile of dupe weapons, then sell them one-by-one for profit.
- Once you’ve moved both weapons one-by-one, alert the third guard waiting outside.
- You can move a body or throw an item to attract him. When he sees the bodies, he’ll revive both unconscious guards.
- Because these are non-hostile NPCs, they won’t attack you after they’re revived.
- The formerly unconscious NPCs will both spawn copies of their previous weapons.
- After a short amount of time, they’ll exit the alert phase.
Now you can repeat all those steps and sell the extra weapons for profit.
This is a painfully slow process, and you won’t net that much cash for a pair of pistols. So, what’s the point? Breaking the game is kind of fun, and discovering loop-holes to “cheat” the game never gets old.
Hopefully more clever players will discover cool glitches and exploits now that the full version of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is out. Here’s hoping!