GTA 5 Tips and Tricks Guide
Here’s everything you need to know to make it rich and escape the cops in Grand Theft Auto 5.
Grand Theft Auto 5 is out, at long last, and it's created no small amount of controversy for its content. Drama and controversy aside, the game is every bit as huge and interactive as Rockstar promised when they first announced the game.
Needless to say, the game's size and scope may take quite a bit of getting used to, especially if you're new to the series. If you're an old timer who's played the previous games, it'll still prove to be a major challenge.
With that in mind, we've compiled a list of tips and tricks to get you started with the game, and a few more miscellaneous ones.
– Do NOT kill the two guys that are screaming about a getaway car at the beginning of the game when they introduce random events to you. The minor cash payout does not compare to what you get for helping them.
– Attaining a medal in each shooting challenge at Ammunation will earn you a 10% discount for everything in the store. Attaining silver medals or better will earn you a 15% discount. If you complete all challenges with a gold medal, you will earn a 25% discount for everything at the store. Keep in mind that you don't have to do it for each gun—only each weapon type.
– Hijack a security van (Gruppe 6) and smash the rear doors for suitcases with tons of money. To destroy the doors, either shoot off the locks or blow them up with a sticky bomb.
– Before going on any heist missions, practice getting away from the cops. Know how to do it quickly, and efficiently. Learn every corner of the city so you'll never get caught by the police and fail your missions.
– An easy way to escape the cops (at least at two stars) is to find a building with a ladder. Climb up the ladder and get onto the roof where the cops can't see you.
– You can hide in bushes! When the police are searching for you go into a bush and your player arrow will go grey. The cooldown is greatly reduced and they wont be able to see you even if you're within their cone of vision.
– If you are falling from a great height, flying out of a car or falling out of a plane or helicopter as Trevor, use his special ability to survive the impact and not take any damage.
– Cars are more realistically modeled in GTA 5 and take much less damage from physical impacts than ever before. They rarely start smoking or explode unless you shoot the gas tank.
– Jumping and pressing B or O (Xbox 360 and PS3 respectively) will make your character tackle people as they're running away from you.
– In convertible cars, holding right on the D-pad will lower or raise the roof.
– Some cars have three levels of headlights. Pressing right on the D-Pad will turn headlights off, low beams, and high beams.
And last, but not least, if you need help on the BAWSAQ stock market, we've compiled a very handy list of tips and tricks for you to become very rich.